Error: "Unable to render this type of image"

1 hour ago, Akshay Dadhwal said:

This issue is constantly occurring nowadays. Not able to copy contents from one note to another by simple copy paste. What can be the reason?

image.png.b4f795b4bf515826834efff610e8ad71.png

png copy paste does work on my windows client.

On which device and software version do you have this problem ?

• Evernote Expert

I have seen this in the past but I don't copy and paste between notes much so cannot confirm whether or is a continuing issue.

It is certainly something which Is try recreating the local data. As ever the workaround has been to stay the image to the desktop and then back into the new note. 

Meanwhile open a support ticket 

On 1/11/2023 at 2:01 PM, agsteele said:

I have seen this in the past but I don't copy and paste between notes much so cannot confirm whether or is a continuing issue.

It is certainly something which Is try recreating the local data. As ever the workaround has been to stay the image to the desktop and then back into the new note. 

Ok will raise a ticket🥲.

On 1/11/2023 at 2:01 PM, agsteele said:

Raised the ticket but there were the usual solutions like signing out or uninstalling Evernote, etc. That's not working. Also, I just installed the new 10.52.8 version but the issue is still there. Are they working on this issue & what else can I do meanwhile?

2 hours ago, Akshay Dadhwal said:

what else can I do meanwhile?

I have in the past resorted to taking a screen clip using other software and pasting it into the note! If possible you could try converting the image to jpg which in my experience seems to cause fewer problems (because there is no alpha channel?)

Lots of the image issues on the Windows client seem to have been resolved now, but some are still lurking. - including this one and the ability to drag and drop into Word (although copy and paste is currently working for me).

• Like 1
28 minutes ago, Mike P said:

I have in the past resorted to taking a screen clip using other software and pasting it into the note!

This is what I do as well when copy/paste doesn't work.

I have the same problem as OP sporadically on both Mac and Windows Desktop. It doesn't happen all the time and it doesn't happen enough that I bother to look into it more.

• Like 1
  • Evernote Expert

I just took the opportunity to test this out on my PC

Windows 11
Evernote 51.7

I tried multiple images one after the other and all copied from one note into another without difficulty.

So definitely not consistent across users which is no consolation to the OP and also more difficult to diagnose.

On 1/19/2023 at 4:28 PM, agsteele said:

I just took the opportunity to test this out on my PC

Windows 11
Evernote 51.7

I tried multiple images one after the other and all copied from one note into another without difficulty.

So definitely not consistent across users which is no consolation to the OP and also more difficult to diagnose.

I think the situation is definitely improving but admitedly very slowly. I've just been back to a particular image, in a particular note that I had major problems with in the past. It now works fine. (10.52.8). There are still some image handling issues remaining. The most annoying one is that I can't copy a mixture of text images from EN to Word or vice versa. One EN note to another is fine.

I think the general advice to anybody having any sort of image problems in the Windows desktop version is to:

• Make sure you are using the most up to date version
  • Copy images and text separately (I know this is a pain if you have a long document with interspersed images and text so it can only be seen as a workaround)
  • Try different image formats (e.g convert from png to jpg)

• Sad 1
  • 1 month later...
On 1/27/2023 at 9:20 PM, Greg Watkins said:

1. start with a note that has text and an image
2. select both the text and image
3. hit control C to copy
4. paste into a note (Ctrl V)

The image shows for one second, then turns into the icon that everyone is showing.

I have the same issue

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/27/2023 at 4:20 PM, Greg Watkins said:

1. start with a note that has text and an image
2. select both the text and image
3. hit control C to copy
4. paste into a note (Ctrl V)

The image shows for one second, then turns into the icon that everyone is showing.

I also have the same issue.
Saving image from the note, then adding it again also doesn't help.
Looks like something happens with a file when copying or saving image which is stored inside the note (stored by evernote)

Dear devs, if you having trouble to reproduce this bug I'm willing to let you connect to my machine if you need

• Like 1
  • Level 5
9 hours ago, Antenko said:

Looks like something happens with a file when copying or saving image which is stored inside the note (stored by evernote)

Dear devs, if you having trouble to reproduce this bug I'm willing to let you connect to my machine if you need

Welcome to the forums. These are user-to-user forums. The only reliable way to contact the devs is to start a support ticket, if you are a paid subscriber: https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/requests/new. For non-subscribers, I believe they also take support requests on their Twitter account.

Image handling has been slowly improving in EN V10 but it's not good enough yet. I find that I only get the problem if I attempt to copy image and text to the clipboard.Both copy fine individually. It's a pain to copy them individually but less painful than having to download the image. Of course if you want a copy fo the whole note it is better to use the copy or duplicate function from the note list.

• 1 month later...
On 31/3/2023 at 18:49, Antenko dijo:

I have the same issue, very annoying.

• Like 1
  • 3 months later...
27 minutes ago, PinkElephant said:

Yes, it works internally, but not between EN and other apps.

Probably it can't "render" (or whatever action is needed) the embedded container, that itself holds the image.

As a trial, and I'm certainly not suggesting this as a routine workaround, I exported a note containing text and images as html. I then opened the html file in Chrome, selected all and copied it into Word with no problems

So although EN is basically html it isn't "normal" html that allows you to copy and paste images and text. The web version of EN behaves the same as the desktop version.

• Like 1
  • Level 5
6 hours ago, Mike P said:

As a trial, and I'm certainly not suggesting this as a routine workaround, I exported a note containing text and images as html. I then opened the html file in Chrome, selected all and copied it into Word with no problems

So although EN is basically html it isn't "normal" html that allows you to copy and paste images and text. The web version of EN behaves the same as the desktop version.

Not something I need to do, but out of curiosity, could you export to HTML and then open the HTML file in Word?

12 hours ago, Dave-in-Decatur said:

Not something I need to do, but out of curiosity, could you export to HTML and then open the HTML file in Word?

Yes that works, although the text formatting is lost.

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...
On 5/3/2023 at 2:30 PM, everaliennote said:

I have the same issue, very annoying.

To me it's more than "very annoying" it is "infuriating"

I've had Evernote "Classic" every since Evernote was launched, never had I not been able to copy and paste text with images into another note.

No matter how many new 10.x (now at 10.61.x) versions, this problem persists all the way through.