Anyone have problems with recurring tasks?

I went back to TickTick for a few months as the Android treatment of tasks was unusable. The widget still doesn't sync in a timely manner, but my more immediate problem is recurring tasks. Almost all of my tasks are daily and weekly recurring. About 20% of the time, when I complete a task, it goes wonky. The banner pops up showing the next instance, and it appears on the task list. But within a few minutes, it disappears. It will then be found in complete tasks. If I click on it, it still shows the correct next instance, but completed. If I uncomplete it, it will reappear, but at the original date/time. Sometimes it takes several tries for it to stick. In some cases, I have to delete and recreate the task.

Anyone else? Any ideas?

I've been seeing something similiar with recurring tasks, although more of a variation on a theme. 

When I action a recurring task on iOS or Android it will revert to showing the date the recuring task was created task event which may have been several months previous.

It's doing this for me on on both android and iOS devices. The desktop client and web client are showing correctly. 

Yeah, I had a similar issue on Android, but I'm on Windows most of my day and for virtually all task management. I don't have time to chase tasks and drag them back into active state, so I'm sticking with TickTick for now.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, I am having problems with recurring tasks.

I have many dates/tasks that are set to recur annually, but all of them have been automatically set to weekly since a few days ago, no matter how many times I change them to annual. Yearly recurring tasks don't seem to exist at all anymore. This is a big mess for me.

It is a cross-device problem. Whether I change it on Windows, Mac, or iOS => yearly recurring becomes weekly recurring.

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • Level 5*

Hi all - please make sure you're on the latest version for whatever device you're on and if the issue persists report it in one of the release threads.

Desktop - https://discussion.evernote.com/forums/topic/148712-rolling-out-desktop-1066/ 

Mobile - https://discussion.evernote.com/forums/topic/148619-rolling-out-mobile-1058/ 

19 hours ago, Christopher Nagy said:

Same here. Everytime I complete a recurring task it dissapears for a second then re-appears with the same date. Even if I delete it, it does the same thing... I have a bunch of tasks that I can't delete and it's populating my board...

Is it a particular type of recurring task and has it been completed on the due date? I seem to have most problems with recurring tasks that are overdue and are of the x days after completion type. In this specific case, changing the due date to today and then completing the task, seems to work.

Just a regular recurring task. I have tried everything literally. It's in overdue now becasue I cannot get rid of it but it hasn't been when I completed it. I tried removing the due date, changing the due date clearing cache, reseting the app (it does the same thing in the browser). I am on the latest version and the same happens in browser too.

Update: I have managed to get rid of them.

Scenario - All the tasks affected were recurring, had a due date and a due time. They have also been part of a separate notebook

To resolve the problem, I have set the due date for today, removed the "due time". After I have done that they were still re-appearing but without the due date and "overdue" mark. next, I went inside the notebook, and I deleted them from the notebook. That seemed to have fixed it.

I keep having a problem with recurring tasks not updating properly. I'll even get a little popup saying the tasks was updated but it wasn't.

I posted more details on the update thread suggested above, it appears the problem starts with the Surface App program.

Edited by jildasn
Add more info
  • Like 1
  • Evernote Expert
5 hours ago, jildasn said:

I keep having a problem with recurring tasks not updating properly. I'll even get a little popup saying the tasks was updated but it wasn't.

I posted more details on the update thread suggested above, it appears the problem starts with the Surface App program.

Response posted to the other times you asked this. Please don't double post