Search or filter for notes containing note links

Mike P

Idea

The introduction of backlinks started me thinking about links in general. We can filter or search (using contains:) for notes containing a whole range of different things. However we cannot search for notes containing links. This would seem a logical thing to include and would help me quickly find notes which linked to other notes.

The only workaround I can think of would be to edit the note link text and add some special character sequence which could be searched for. You can't search for the underlying evernote:/// url. If anybody can think of another way I would be happy to hear it

• Like 3

3 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

Careful what you wish for...  I use Tables of Content to list things like "tasks due in 7+ days" and every one of those tasks now has a backlink to the ToC. 

Not necessarily a bad thing,  but for one reason or another I suspect I have a lot of active backlinks.  We could definitely do with more details of how this works,  plus any related commands...  all I can find so far is here - https://evernote.com/blog/q4-2022-roundup/

One thing I'd like is a way to delete a backlink.  Removing the actual link doesn't seem to work...  the target note still shows the backlink info even after syncing the newly unlinked version.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
41 minutes ago, gazumped said:

One thing I'd like is a way to delete a backlink.  Removing the actual link doesn't seem to work...  the target note still shows the backlink info even after syncing the newly unlinked version.

My experience is that the backlink does disappear eventually. Because it is a server driven system you have to wait. Certainly closing down EN and reopening it seemed to do the trick but I expect that  if I'd waited it would eventually have gone.

• Like 2