Internal App Links Not Working

Go to solution Solved by Boot17,

On the Mac Desktop App, my internal app links are not working. When I click on a link, it shows the linked note ever so briefly, then reverts back to the note with the link. My setup, for each notebook, I generally have a "table of contents" note, which consists mainly of internal app links to other notes, but now this is not working. Any ideas? If this is not the right forum for the question, then please let me know where I should go. Basically, can't work without links. Thank you!

• Solution

Which version of Evernote do you have? And did it just start doing that?

Also, regardless of version, this doesn't sound like normal behavior and it sounds like a bug that would impact a large number of users. My guess is it's some issue local to your machine. Have you tried restarting Evernote and/or your Mac?

• 2 weeks later...

It looks i have this issue. Internal links were normally working, and now they stopped.

Format is as usual: file:///path but it is not opening file anymore.

Anybody have same issue?

UPDATE: It started to work after i confirmed with a mark in popup "always allow opening internal links".

Maybe this popup in EN needs to be checked before this works.

• Level 5
5 hours ago, Frki2 said:

It looks i have this issue. Internal links were normally working, and now they stopped.

Format is as usual: file:///path but it is not opening file anymore.

Anybody have same issue?

UPDATE: It started to work after i confirmed with a mark in popup "always allow opening internal links".

Maybe this popup in EN needs to be checked before this works.

This is not the same issue as in the original post at all. That post concerned app links within Evernote, IOW links from one note to another. You're talking about links to local files on the computer.

All that said.... What Evernote app, and what version of it, are you using, and on what operating system? I find that in the Windows desktop app v. 10.57 (and also v. 6.25), a link with file:/// followed by a properly formatted, fully qualified file path, e.g., file:///C:\Users\myusername\Documents\Texts\Light.doc can be inserted in a note, linked to a string of text such as "the Light document," and when I click on it the file opens in the appropriate app. However, when I try the same thing on the same computer with the Web client, I always get an error message "The link to file "C:\Users\myusername\Documents\Texts\Light.doc" cannot be opened on this device." (This is a known issue.) I never get a popup asking permission to open internal links.

Hence my question about your setup where you're seeing this.

• 8 months later...
  • Level 5
11 hours ago, Bill in Edmonton said:

yes evernote sharing no longer works and the company is basicaly not supporting their software anymore, i think going out of business.  So many bugs....

Again, off topic. Please come back here in a year and remind us how Evernote went out of business.

• Like 2