Notification Icon, Refresh Button, and Real Time Collaboration

Leandro Barretto

Idea

1. Notification Icon

- Notify a person in real time whenever a note/notebook is shared with another person. 

2. Refresh Button

Refresh button to reflect updates. Updated such as: shared notebooks/notes, or edits made in notes. 

3. Real Time Collaboration

- similar to google documents, when a person makes an edit it is immediately reflected on other collaborators sheets. If edits on a note are updated real time, collaboration on a note would be easier and faster. 

4 replies to this idea

3 hours ago, Leandro Barretto said:

3. Real Time Collaboration

- similar to google documents, when a person makes an edit it is immediately reflected on other collaborators sheets. If edits on a note are updated real time, collaboration on a note would be easier and faster.

• As I write this blog post, our new collaborative editing capability, which allows multiple people to edit the same note simultaneously, and individuals to edit the same note on multiple devices without note conflicts, is in early days of beta testing around the world.

Could you please let me (and everyone else who has been wondering about this topic) WHEN the Real Time Collaboration feature will be released? Is there at least an approximate release date? Not having this feature is pretty much the only reason why we have trouble using Evernote. Also, will the Real Time Collaboration be available for all price schemes (incl. the FREE version)? Thanks in advance for your reply!

• Level 5

When the beta is over …

The reason of a beta is to try under real world conditions, and sort the bugs out. When it’s done, it’s release time.

Nobody will launch a new sync unless it works flawless and stable - at least I hope this is what EN does.

1 hour ago, Shopgirl said:

Could you please let me (and everyone else who has been wondering about this topic) WHEN the Real Time Collaboration feature will be released?

AFAIK there has been no announcement with an ETA.

1 hour ago, Shopgirl said:

Is there at least an approximate release date?

None that has been announced.

2 hours ago, Shopgirl said:

Also, will the Real Time Collaboration be available for all price schemes (incl. the FREE version)?

This hasn't been communicated either that I have seen, but I wouldn't be surprised if they make this a paying subscription level only feature... perhaps even Professional level tier.