Tapping a Stack shows disparate sub notebook's contents

In my Notebook I have a stack Investing, tapping on that stack name I do not get the sub-notebooks (which I would prefer) nor the Stack's total Notes sorted by Date updated or Date created. Instead I am shown one of the notebook's contents (not the first one or the last in the list). How should it operate?

• Level 5

The stack concept is not really a nested structure in its own right. In fact it seems to work by adding a stack name to the „notebook“ object. Notebooks without a stack name are showing independently.

When I select a full stack, it shows all notes of all notebooks, but grouped by notebook. How the sequence of the notebooks is created is not obvious.

Maybe not what we would expect, but to me it seems the stacks were developed on a shoestring when they were introduced, back then. It seems they build it on the cheap.

Since you are familiar with how to contact support, you can let them find it out for you.

For me, clicking on a stack shows me all notes from the stack's folders according to the sort criteria I've chosen, on Mac Legacy and Web. It doesn't work for me on iOS....the sort order seems random, but I do see all of the notes in the stack.

• Like 1
  • Level 5

Yes, it seems desktop and mobile behaves differently regarding the sorting order of the notes in a stack.

On desktop, it sorts all notes in the stack, regardless of notebook. On iOS (mobile ?), it sorts by notebook (order not really transparent), and in each notebook by the defined criteria.

Maybe something to report to support.