Opening a Note link should flip that open Note to the linked content

caffeineplease

Idea

I have a Master Project Note with links for various things to review.

I like opening the Master Project and then clicking the links to see the other content displayed in that open Master Project Note, instead in the current version of being jarringly thrown to the linked in a notebook and no easy way to get back to my master project note.

It functions the way i describe and like in the Legacy version.

But sadly that nice feature is lost in the current "not-improved" version. Grrr....

10 replies to this idea

I might not be totally following... but I think I do something similar. I'll typically open a 'main project' note in a new window and then when I click links to other notes from that 'main project' note (now open in a new window), it will open the linked notes in the main Evernote window. My 'main project' note remains open in the new window. (Or  sometimes I'll do it in reverse where I just open all the links from the 'main project' into their own windows so that my 'main project' note remains in the main Evernote window.)

@Boot17 Thank you for your reply. But opening a new window is just like opening the note. And on the current version is a garbled mess opening a note link from that Opened Note/Window. It works fine in Legacy. Not with current. I have attached a video of a example opened master note (a new window) to show how it works in Legacy which I like as easy to review the links within. 

@Boot17BTW on the current IOS Evernote one can't have a new window so the operation as I desire poking a master project then a link, then back to another link and content works great. Just not on Evernote Mac at present. I can see making more Master Projects to manage the research I have in my Evernote Notebooks and almost 30k notes.

A note in the note list with links like my example if a link is clicked it will jump to the link's content. Double clicking to opening a note , like my example shown and then clicking the any of those links will not operate like my example above in the current EN version. In legacy it works as I have shown. It is a true back step in functionality as is now. En team please fix. 

53 minutes ago, caffeineplease said:

@Boot17 I can't see your images.

They are just regular old gifs. What kind of a browser are you using to browse the forums? Perhaps you have a browser plugin that is interfering with gifs? Dunno.