Evernote WEB won't load (Safari, Ventura 13.1, M1 MacBook Pro)

• Level 5

@jbkc You can try to erase all website data stored for Evernote.com, restart the Mac and see incite works.

@Thor Skog You local database is likely corrupted. You can skip it and load a fresh copy from the server :

1. Go to the Evernote menu, Preferences, and uncheck „Keep data when leaving“
  2. Log out of EN (File menu), quit EN (cmd-q). When asked confirm "Remove Data from This Device".
  3. If you want to be very sure, restart the Mac
  4. Open EN, log back in, wait for it to run an initial sync. 
  5. Let the initial download run, and leave the app open. It will take a while to download the full content, for offline use.

• 2 weeks later...

I followed PinkElephant advice, which resolved the problem - but only temporarily.

I find that I often have to restart my Safari browser before Evernote web will start.

My frustration with slow startup of Evernote has been growing, to the point that I am actively exploring alternatives.

And the recent purchase of Evernote by an unknown company (to me) raises questions about the products future.

I don't know where this will lead.  And I have 10 years of data in E'Note.

• Level 5

You should check your browser settings, and maybe extensions you have installed. Either it drops cookies after each closing of the website or Safari, or it runs background checks before allowing the site to run.

My experience is that the web client opens without problems. It takes a little, since it operates from the server.

Significantly faster is the installed client with his local database.

• Like 1
On 1/11/2023 at 7:47 AM, jbkc said:

I followed PinkElephant advice, which resolved the problem - but only temporarily.

I find that I often have to restart my Safari browser before Evernote web will start.

My frustration with slow startup of Evernote has been growing, to the point that I am actively exploring alternatives.

And the recent purchase of Evernote by an unknown company (to me) raises questions about the products future.

I don't know where this will lead.  And I have 10 years of data in E'Note.

Same. Except I have 13 years of data. Both web and client software load very slowly. The alternatives, I've discovered, are almost all more complicated and require a considerable investment of time to understand and set up (e.g. Notion, Obsidian). 

• Level 5

If the installed client is starting slow (beside other ailments), it usually helped me to wipe the local database as described above, and start fresh.

When performing operations on many notes, it can speed things up to take the client offline. Just allow some time after reconnecting to let it sync the changes.

The web client draws its data from the server. No other medicine than the fastest internet connection you can (and want to) obtain.