Repeated 'change your password requests'

In recent weeks I have had three "Change your password" request notifications which I didn't initiate. However I cannot find any way to contact Evernote to raise what could be an attempt to hack into my account.  I have an unusual email name  so i very much doubt it was generated accidentally. I haven't used my Evernote account for a couple of years. Has this happened to anyone else and can anyone advise how i can contact Evernote to dicuss this issue? Many thanks 

• Evernote Expert

I've not seen any reports of this on any scale. If you discussed it with Evernote they'd would probably be sanguine. The system has worked well. It has trapped the attempt and ensured that you are the one with control.

You would need to raise a support ticket to discuss the issue although I'm guessing you are on a Free account in which case tickets are not available to you.

You could add some additional security to your account by enabling two factor authentication. Do this in your account settings.

Evernote is closed for the Christmas/New Year holidays. You may not get much assistance until 3 January.

Yes, I’ve received and continue to receive numerous “change your password” notifications, sometime 3 a day, it’s been happening for a couple weeks. The thing is, the notification emails are being sent to an email address that is not associated with my Evernote account. I thought maybe I set up an account with that address years ago and forgot about it. But I have no record of it and I save all my passwords in a password manager, always. So I went to the Evernote website and initiated a “forgot password” request using that email (the one all the weird notifications are being sent to) but I never got a reply from Evernote… I did it several times, no response. Which confirms for me, I didn’t not set up an account with that address and these emails are spam. I can confirm I’m having the same issue as JohnSmyth14, but I have no solution.

• 1 month later...
On 12/23/2022 at 10:27 PM, JohnSmyth14 said:

In recent weeks I have had three "Change your password" request notifications which I didn't initiate. However I cannot find any way to contact Evernote to raise what could be an attempt to hack into my account.  I have an unusual email name  so i very much doubt it was generated accidentally. I haven't used my Evernote account for a couple of years. Has this happened to anyone else and can anyone advise how i can contact Evernote to dicuss this issue? Many thanks 

yes, this also happened to me

• Evernote Expert
5 hours ago, khoirihendra said:

If you are sure that you don't have an account connected to that EMail then just delete and ignore.  If you do have an account and are certain that you did not initiate the change request then you can still ignore but be sure that you have the best practice configuration of security including two-factor authentication set up for your account.

Either way, Evernote has set up its checks to ensure that you, as the Email owner, get to positively make changes rather than allowing anyone to make a change without authority.

• Like 1
  • Level 5
14 hours ago, khoirihendra said:

Everything necessary to say has already been answered above.

The special issue in this thread was that the thread owner receives warnings at an email address not related to his EN account.

THIS happens to you as well ? If it's not your account, why don't you ignore it ?