Evernote Database Shrinking - Sync on Demand or limiting database size with filters or text only local databases.

aaronbrownsound

Idea

I love Evernote, but as I've been using it for a long time my database has grown immensely. On my laptop my database is 21gb. 

I know I can use symbolic links to move it to another drive, but I see this only growing in size. 

What would be great is a selective sync like drop box where I could filter by folders/tags/dates to choose what is local on my computer and perhaps other things could be referenced and loaded on demand. Another idea would be to have only text loaded with content loaded on demand as notes are chosen.

I'm sure it's a fairly big feature, but 21gb is quite a bit and being able to selectively filter it would shrink it down immensely and be useful on systems 

1 reply to this idea

• Level 5

In general there has a long time existed the distinction between desktops with a full download vs. mobile where the downloaded part could be specified by notebook. Maybe it would be easier today to unify the approach for offline content between the clients, given a vastly similar code base.

I understand your request - since the forum is user2user, you should contact EN via feedback or support ticket.

• Like 1