Evernote for Windows not Synchronizing after upgrade to Windows 11

I upgraded my laptop from Windows 10 to Windows 11 this morning. After the upgrade, Evernote will not synch between devices. Changes I made in Evernote on my Android phone do not show up on Evernote for Windows. When I made a change on a different note in Evernote on my Windows 11 laptop, I see the banner "Synching..." and after 3 hours, the synch did not complete.

Rolled back my laptop to Windows 10 and Evernote for Windows is working fine again. All changes are now synching without any issues.

Looks like Evernote for Windows is not compatible with Windows 11 which was released by Microsoft in October 2021 (over 12 months ago).

Any ideas if Evernote will be upgraded to be compatible with Windows 11 or should I be looking at another product to replace Evernote?

I would be interested to know if other users have experienced the same issue.

Thanks.

Windows 11 Evernote user checking in here... works just fine for me. It was a fresh install of Evernote v10 on a machine that had previously been upgraded from Windows 10 to  Windows 11. My suggestion is to follow @PinkElephant's advice about uninstalling and reinstalling Evernote. (Too bad you'd have to do that, but sounds like something got broken along the way for your particular situation)

Note that I'm using the latest version of Evernote too which is 10.50.10. (Double check that you are using the latest version of Evernote.)

2 hours ago, Boot17 said:

Windows 11 Evernote user checking in here... works just fine for me. It was a fresh install of Evernote v10 on a machine that had previously been upgraded from Windows 10 to  Windows 11. My suggestion is to follow @PinkElephant's advice about uninstalling and reinstalling Evernote. (Too bad you'd have to do that, but sounds like something got broken along the way for your particular situation)

Note that I'm using the latest version of Evernote too which is 10.50.10. (Double check that you are using the latest version of Evernote.)

Thanks Boot17. I am using Evernote for Windows 10.50.10, however I did not uninstall, reboot and reinstall Evernote as PinkElephant advised. I will follow do this on my next day off work. Thanks for letting me know that it works for you after you did a fresh install on a machine that had been upgraded to Win11 earlier.

3 hours ago, PinkElephant said:

EN is compatible (there is a problem with screenshots, but that’s a Win11 thing).

Instead of rolling back an OS update, the standard procedure would be to log out in the app, uninstall the app, restart the PC and install the app again.

Thanks Pink Elephant. I thought Evernote for Windows was not compatible with Win11 and as I needed to be up running quickly, I didn't have time to investigate thoroughly so used the rollback option (which is only available for 10 days) to get this working again. I will follow your advice and do the upgrade when I have more free time troubleshoot any issues that may arise with the upgrade to Win11. (Not just Evernote, but other apps on my laptop that might have similar issues.)

Thank you for your prompt response.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Gerry962 said:

Looks like Evernote for Windows is not compatible with Windows 11 which was released by Microsoft in October 2021 (over 12 months ago).

I have been using Windows 11 since it was introduced and works seamlessly with EN.