Multiple "Selection Capture" on Mac desktop app

The legacy App used to let you capture multiple "selection" before deciding when to save the combined Note to Evernote.

The new version seems to auto-save each "Selection Capture" as individual Notes, which is super annoyingly if trying to capture a series of images on the same topic.

Bug: The new version also brings an Evernote windows to the front when I select the "Selection Capture" tool, which hides the window/image I'm trying to capture.

Annoying workaround, I have to minimise all Evernote windows before attempting to capture an image.

Mac OS: v12.6.1

Evernote: v10.49.4-mac-ddl-public (3781), Service v1.61.2

• Level 5*

Hi. The workaround for multiple notes is easy - combine them back into one note by merging or dragging.  Don't know if anyone else has ideas for the windows jumping to the front.  Either way I suggest you report this to Support (which we're not) to see whether there are any plans to change either behaviour.

• Level 5

@DVearn From my experience this is pretty simple to solve: The version number tells me you run the AppStore version. It is the very same software, but runs in a sandbox. This is known for creating grievances like the ones you describe.

Log out, uninstall it, using the app AppCleaner to remove all traces. Then restart the Mac. Go to the EN website, download and install the direct installer. Run it, log in, keep it open (can be in the background) while it downloads all your content from the server.

The direct install will most likely behave as expected, no jumping windows any more.

15 minutes ago, gazumped said:

Hi. The workaround for multiple notes is easy - combine them back into one note by merging or dragging.  Don't know if anyone else has ideas for the windows jumping to the front.  Either way I suggest you report this to Support (which we're not) to see whether there are any plans to change either behaviour.

Ah ok, I hadn't realised this wasn't a way for Users to provide feedback to the Product team.

Indeed, I've been merging back in Evernote, just not as efficient as the old version

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, DVearn said:

Ah ok, I hadn't realised this wasn't a way for Users to provide feedback to the Product team.

Indeed, I've been merging back in Evernote, just not as efficient as the old version

oooo, I thought that was genius.

Unfortunately, the direct downloaded version (with reboots) gives exactly the same behaviour.
Thanks for the suggestion though.

Evernote: 10.50.10-mac-ddl-public (3842)
Editor: v162.3.20111
Service: v1.62.2

• Like 1