S Pen Scribble very poor response

Using my S Pen on my Galaxy Tab S8+ in evernote is a nightmare.  I can write fine in Samsung Notes or any other note taking software.  Using the 'scribble' in Evernote is terrible.  I misses every few letters completely.  Palm rejection is poor.  Overall it's impossible to write by hand.  

Is this not a priority for Evernote?  The OneNote, Samsung Notes, and many other apps do this very well.  For such an expensive paid app I expect better.

Nathan

• Level 5

Short reply: No, it is no priority. Handwriting has never been anything EN was good at.

They just fixed an issue with the Apple Pencil on the iPad. Compared to the iPad the Android tablet market is a far second rank, and fragmented. So maybe they will do something about it, but I doubt they are rushing for it.

You can contact EN support to make them aware that you are not happy.

• Like 1

Fair enough. Though it would seem that writing with a pen is pretty popular for notetaking apps and with so many windows 2in1s and tablets, and phones with pens, and iPads, you'd think handwritten notetaking in general would be more of a priority.  Thanks for the reply.

• Level 5

Handwriting support never has been a priority for EN, and from the new features released the last years I doubt it will become one.

There is a small exception, but it is more a proof of the general direction than a real game changer. EN acquired an app called Penultimate some years ago, and somewhat integrated it into the ecosystem. Somewhat means that the pages save as pictures into a notebook, and because they are pictures, EN makes them searchable. But the app was not developed, and is now a far cry from top handwriting apps like GoodNotes, Notability or NoteShelf. It is AFAIK iOS only.