Tasks on Android needs to improve.

Use the task on the Android app is not a good experience. The Widget doesn't sync automatically and sometimes even syncing manually it doesn't update the widget.

The process of check the task is very slow and every time I have to verify if it's all right or if it's synced. It causes anxiety everytime i have to deal Task on the Android App.

• Like 1

Hi,

Same problem here. The Android Tasks widget (I'm on Android 13) does not sync at all by itself, only if I open the app, stay there long enough (usually until I see tasks updating inside the app) and then exit the app. Then the widget updates as well. Very frustrating since the whole point of the widget would be that I don't have to open the app if I only want a quick glimpse of e.g. today's tasks.

@Neil: Can you also give me some advise on this? Thanks.

• Like 1

EN android widget is practically useless. Unfortunately 😢
- slow/missing update (seems that you need to open the EN app to get the widget to update?)
- arbitrary/unlogical sorting of tasks 
- can't add any task details (no flag, no due date, no reminder…)

• Like 1
On 12/18/2022 at 1:02 PM, janndk said:

- slow/missing update (seems that you need to open the EN app to get the widget to update?)
- can't add any task details (no flag, no due date, no reminder

The Tasks Widget works fine for me on Android.

On 12/18/2022 at 2:02 PM, janndk said:

- can't add any task details (no flag, no due date, no reminder…)

Same experience here. As long as the widgets do not get any updates without having to open the app for a good 1-2 minutes manually they are of no use. Really looking forward to the sync overhaul. Hoping they will eventually add background syncing option (as in good old 8.13.3) of the main database (and widgets!). Allowing us to get in sync tasks and reminders on all devices without having to open up Evernote manually on every device. I would totally accept a push sync instead of the polling of EN8.13.3 🤩Fingers keep crossed.

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/21/2022 at 4:15 PM, Alxa said:

Same experience here. As long as the widgets do not get any updates without having to open the app for a good 1-2 minutes manually they are of no use. Really looking forward to the sync overhaul. Hoping they will eventually add background syncing option (as in good old 8.13.3) of the main database (and widgets!). Allowing us to get in sync tasks and reminders on all devices without having to open up Evernote manually on every device. I would totally accept a push sync instead of the polling of EN8.13.3 🤩Fingers keep crossed.

I have no problems with my Android Mobile (Samsung A70).

I tend to run EN in the background most of the time and let it pick up updates,  I also have no problem doing most editing notes on the Mobile if I am away from the PC.

I've been using Evernote for years in Android phones and Windows PC. I could create notes easily on the phone and they would sync with PC rather well. 

In the last 2 moths creating a new note in the phone it's almost imposible, the text deletes automatically. All other apps in the phone work perfectly, the phone has been optimized, why is EN not working? I've paid for one year but the experience is not good. Is there a way to solve these issues?

On 25/12/2022 at 19:53, llabusch93 dijo:

Yes same experience here. I mean I am sure there is no one out there having a different one - the Android app is just not usable since a long time. You can only look up data, but dare you to do any edit or creation.

I hope they hurry up with the sync overhaul, it's been over a year they announced they working on it.

Yes, same for me, I can no longer use  EN with Android.

hace 43 minutos, bmcl26 dijo:

I have no problems with my Android Mobile (Samsung A70).

I tend to run EN in the background most of the time and let it pick up updates,  I also have no problem doing most editing notes on the Mobile if I am away from the PC.

I'm having lots of problems with Samsung Galaxy A51 only with EN but not with other apps

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/1/2023 at 13:08, joaquinilzarbe dijo:

Hi , thanks for your reply:

EN version is 10.45.2 (1128140)

Android version 13,  just updated yesterday and no improvement this morning.

Thanks,

Joaquín

Just to confirm the problem I had is solved, I opened a ticket for EN support which has been great. 

It seems some updates in the syncing of my notes that should be automatic were hung up.

I want to thank you all for your attention and assistance in this forum. It was very important for me.

• Like 1