Tasks Sync Issues with Teams

Go to solution Solved by PinkElephant,

Anyone else experiencing sync issues specific to Tasks?  We have a small team of three folks using Evernote Teams and we are starting to notice a few sync issues with specific Tasks.  

Example Issues:

• Two of us can see Tasks that were entered in the Action Items portion of a Meeting Note Template but the third person can't.
  • We have two tasks that will not die.  No matter who completes them or deletes them they reappear about 30 seconds later so they are forever stuck in our Task list.
  • Tasks not assigned to me end up mysteriously assigned to one of the other guys and vice versa.  Any attempt to reassign back to correct owner only sticks temporarily before it then goes back to the wrong owner.
  • Tasks completed by Task Owner shows completed in his instance of Teams but shows uncompleted and overdue in the other two guys instance.

Not sure how to resolve any of this.  We've all logged out and restarted to no avail.  Are we stuck with these phantom issues?

• Level 5
  • Solution

Maybe set the local databases back on all computers, and download a fresh set of local notes from the server.

This usually does the job on single PCs (slightly different on Macs), but I see no reason that it should not work as well on a Teams account.

1. Go to File > Sign Out [name] from the menu bar.
  2. Select the "Remove my Evernote data from this device" option, then click Sign out.
  3. Restart your computer.
  4. Sign back in to Evernote. Keep the app open while it downloads your notes from the server.

On 12/13/2022 at 5:17 PM, PinkElephant said:

Maybe set the local databases back on all computers, and download a fresh set of local notes from the server.

This usually does the job on single PCs (slightly different on Macs), but I see no reason that it should not work as well on a Teams account.

1. Go to File > Sign Out [name] from the menu bar.
  2. Select the "Remove my Evernote data from this device" option, then click Sign out.
  3. Restart your computer.
  4. Sign back in to Evernote. Keep the app open while it downloads your notes from the server.

This seems to fix the issue so thank you.  It looks as if the local clients get hung up so doing this pulls the correct updates from the server.  However, it looks as if I"m going to have to do this fairly often.  I've already had to do it three times since you've posted this to clear things up on my local clients.