new update 10.45 heating up iphone and draining battery like crazy

• Level 5

No such issue with 10.45 on my iPhone 11 Pro Max. 

You are probably running iOS 16.1.1  or 16.1.2. There are many reports in the Apple Community about excessive battery usage, by many different apps, including contacts, mail, notes and others.

There were 2 hints about possible solutions. Short term switch off iCloud Drive sync. This seemed to help even with apps that don’t sync through iCloud. The second was to wait for iOS 16.2, expected to release this week.

• 4 months later...
On 12/11/2022 at 7:05 PM, fendrix said:

can't use the app anymore cause it is causing too much heat and battery drain (iphone 13). Anyone has a solution ??

same for me  with an ipad Mini 6  ,  it's amazing the increase in battery consumption  (  ten  times more than any  video on youtube )  

Evernote never answered the issue ,  2-3 tockets issued (  they even  "recommended" me to use the ipad in low power mode  or even cancel wifi .... non sense )

• Level 5

Anything new to tell ... ?

EN iOS 10.45 is long since history. The actual version is EN iOS 10.50. EN runs on my iPhone at 2% of battery consumption - that is, 2% of what was used, not of the total battery charge.

If you are still on 10.45, update.

If you have the actual version, and still a problem, you may come back - in this case with more information.