Not Being Able to Switch from Notion

bddk

Idea

Hi,

I wanted to switch to Evernote from Notion, however, having no import tool makes everything so hard. Just to give you an idea: I will not do the switch just because there is no way to quickly tansfer the thousands of photo I have under hundres of pages, quıckly and easily. 

I know most of you look to this: 'Evernote only accepts these, so Notion should give these', but it doesn't work that way.

• Like 1

4 replies to this idea

• Level 5

Notion is more flexible on the way content is created. The basic structure of EN is more organized.

I wouldn’t know how an „importer“ could handle the free style Notion content and convert it into the structured objects EN needs to match it with its data structure.

The two apps have too different basic concepts - and on the Notion side too much liberty to mess up any structure one could grab and import.

On the other hand EN shows with the ENEX format how a working exporter can be set up. No lock in like with Notion (and some others).

• Level 5

Notion is more a building set for a note app than a predefined note app. It is build around a database designer. More flexibility than EN - but that’s what makes it harder to use, and even harder to export stuff

It is not like ENEX, which grabs a predefined structure from EN and makes an independent container out of it.

The problem with Notion is one of how to export.

• Like 1