Hidden Evernote Andriod Local Saved Data?

Hello,

I use both the Windows Evernote app, and also the Android app.

Recently I deleted/merged a *huge* number of notes, via the windows app.

I originally had over 8000 notes, which i have consolidated down to 1500 (via the windows app).

The update/sync process on the linked android app is extremely slow... deleting only around 2 notes at a time, every 10 seconds or so.

I thought that it would be quicker to simply uninstall the android app, and reinstall and let it 'rebuild' the database of 1500 notes, rather than to delete down from 8000.

I have tried the 'clear cache' and 'clear data' in android app settings, followed by an uninstall and a phone restart. However, no matter what I try, there seems to be some local copy of all the notes still saved on my android, as when I log back in for the first time, the 'sync' process starts at around 92%, and is done in a matter of seconds - with all 8000 notes still there, instead of only rebuilding the new updated database to the 1500 notes.

Is there anything I have missed, or any reason you could think that this is happening?

The only out of the ordinary thing I've seen is a warning banner at the top of the windows desktop evernote app, and also the andriod app, saying that I have used more than 75% of my upload space. However, the fact that the andriod app *IS* slowly updating/reducing the notes amount, tells me that this is not the problem - if it was, then it should not be changing/updating at all.

Thank you for your time and help