Weird notes appear every day.

After I upgraded Evernote desktop on my Mac(os 13.01), the sync'ing process started every time I opened the app. Over 5000 notes weird notes appear every day.  I deleted them once from the desktop app, but they reappeared.  Eventually I realized that all sync'ing is done via the Evernote web version, so I went there and deleted the bogus notes (>5000, 50 at a time, do the math).  And they reappeared.  Thinking that I created the sync'ing loop that took on a life of it's own. Eventually, I deleted the desktop version altogether and am using the web exclusively, but they reappear!  I do not use Evernote everyday. I use it even less when I have to wait a minute or so for it to open.  There are 2 types of files: P files and X files.  Each has their own set of consecutive sequence numbers. Both have no body, just a title.  The X files seem to take longer to delete. The P sequence number is over 200,000, while the X files (this all does feel a little like the TV show) represent a more modest 10,000 annoying useless syncs or whatever.  I suppose I could just stop using Evernote all together, but that seems of bit of overkill.    

I may have asked it to do something stupid like autosync with my photo app, Lightroom, but I can't find where that switch is or how to turn it off. Whatever it is, it is meaningless to this human and should not have been posted as a note.

Thanks a bunch for any help or insight you might have to help me stop this junk activity. 

689243058_evernotejunk.thumb.png.5972b8a2b78f405c064d0f2cde827568.png

Edited by Duckpuddle
grammar fix
  • Level 5*
On 12/3/2022 at 1:38 PM, Duckpuddle said:

I may have asked it to do something stupid like autosync with my photo app, Lightroom

Hi.  If you did instruct a random app to send files to Evernote and gave away the email address you can easily fix that by changing the Evernote address for your account.

See Find your Evernote email address for more on that.

If you have connected a service to your account it is possible to find the details of any third party service access with https://www.evernote.com/Settings.action  - you can de-authorise links from here.

If you can work out which app the files are related to this could help disconnect whatever is going on her.

If you can do so,  please contact Support for their assistance!

• 2 weeks later...

I might have connected an app once.  My plea above was when deleted on a funny order and everything re-sync'ed.  I de-installed my desktop version and deleted all the junk using the web interface, which is good enough for my need so I never went back to installing the desktop version again. Thanks for the clues. Case closed. Happy evernote camper.

• Like 1