Where is the "note" preferences tab?

Go to solution Solved by Dave-in-Decatur,

I read that in a new note we can now set the cursor to default to the Title field rather than the text field from the "Note" Preferences tab.

When I click on Preferences, the note tab is missing as are several other items that are shown in the learning center graphic.

Where are they?

Please help.

Thank you.

• Eric7 changed the title to Where is the "note" preferences tab?
30 minutes ago, Eric7 said:

When I click on Preferences, the note tab is missing as are several other items that are shown in the learning center graphic.

Where are they?

Which device are you using (Web, Mobile, Desktop?) and which version of Evernote are you using?

Thanks for your replies.

This is the PC version 6.25.1.9091. Just upgraded my subscription yesterday to Professional.

That's the weird thing: the "notes" option is not there. on mine. (see below)

image.jpeg.3fd461710528aee8ae64bda96e9f6fda.jpeg

image.png

• Evernote Expert

V6.25 is the now out of date and unsupported version of Evernote. The settings referred to are for the new v10 software.

For you the Title should be the default starting place for a new note so if that's what you want them nothing more to do.

On v6.25, you would do it from "Tools -> Options" and then here:

image.png.570fb533652bfa41902eb3fcba3376e1.png

To upgrade to v10, you will have to download that directly from Evernote's website or from the Windows store. (You can't upgrade to v10 in-place through the v6.25 Evernote app -- it will just show you have the latest version. Note that the v10 version is quite a bit different from v6.25)

• Level 5
17 minutes ago, Eric7 said:

Thanks for your replies.

This is the PC version 6.25.1.9091. Just upgraded my subscription yesterday to Professional.

That's the weird thing: the "notes" option is not there. on mine. (see below)

Oddly, the screenshots you show are not from v. 6.25 but from v. 10 of the Windows desktop app (but not the current version, since they don't include Notes, nor, just for the record, v. 10 of the Web client, since they do include import folders). Very puzzling.

• Like 1
  • Level 5
  • Solution
2 minutes ago, Eric7 said:

Sorry, I got that wrong. Looks like I have version: 10.41.5-win-ddl-public (3540)

Ah. You need to do an update then.  I believe the Notes section of Preferences first appeared with v. 10.48 in early November--see 

• Like 1