Add Option for Notes to Automatically Open At the Last Edit Position

tyoung77

Idea

In MS Word when opening a document, the editor gives me the option to go to open a file at the last page I was editing. But in Evernote notes always open at the top. This makes one have to manually scroll to the bottom of long notes when adding content and doing this multiple times during an edit session is a real pain. Please add this as an optional feature. This will make my editing much easier.

7 replies to this idea

Agree, I have a lot of notes as well. Yes, I mean recent edits. It doesn't even have to remember them between sessions. I would expect the software people to figure out the constraints. What I'm asking for is not a rocket science software feature. It's standard in the industry. 

Yes, I saw that feature, but it does NOT work.

@gazumped

Hi,

The "resume where I left off" feature remembers the last note position and folder between edit sessions if I close and reopen the app. But if I reboot it only remembers the note and NOT the position within the note. This is not what I'm talking about at all.

I wanted it to remember recent edits during an edit session. I don't mind if it doesn't "stick" between instantiations of the app (closing and reopening during warm or cold boot). 

• Level 5

I've found this annoying too, especially with long notes. I've voted up your suggestion (which has probably been requested more than once, but I haven't searched). But I doubt that there's going to be a rush to change this, and I'm not sure it's as simple as opening a Word document where you last left off, though the truth is I have no idea how it would be programmed into Evernote. In any case, very long notes are deprecated in Evernote, which is really designed for short-form items. If it's really important, we can make our own anchor with a unique text string (such as !!HERE!!) and search the note for it. Adds a few seconds, but at present it seems like the only available workaround. Or open the note in a separate window and keep it open while you work on other notes.

• Like 1

@gazumped

Hi,

The "resume where I left off" feature remembers the last note position and folder between edit sessions. But within an edit session it does not remember the last positions within notes edited throughout the session. It's not quite what I'm talking but a step in the right direction.

I too open notes in separate windows as a workaround. I'm in the early stages of writing a book so I know at some point I need to transition to Word or google docs or...

True, Evernote is NOT for long notes.

Thanks!

• Like 2