Undo button became nonfunctional right after accidentally backspacing entire note

monicacz

Idea

I accidentally deleted the entire contents of a note because I wasn't aware that the entire note was selected when I hit the backspace key. The undo button did not correct this. I am not willing to pay for the premium version just to view the history of this note one single time. Is there any way I can get this note back?

6 replies to this idea

• Evernote Expert

On Windows you should have, immediately, typed Ctrl+Z. By now the opportunity to undo this mistake had gone. If you create backups of your hard disk days you could restore from the backup.

Your only option now is the note history. You could upgrade for one month for about the cost of a takeaway coffee or two. It really depends on how important this lost content is to you.

Hi agsteele, thank you for your reply. I immediately tried using both Ctrl+Z and the undo button and neither worked (which is an issue I experience often), so the thought of having to spend money to access a premium feature that I wouldn't even need if the site had worked properly is pretty infuriating 🙃

• Evernote Expert

Generally, the Web version is a good choice for those on a Free plan. However, you might have had more success with Ctrl+Z etc on the desktop app. Even so, if you want the note content back your only option is likely to be one month of Personal plan.