Suddenly missing many attachments from notes

I was searching for some older information.  I found the notes (at least half a dozen) I was looking for, but all of the attachments are missing.  I know for a fact that they were there originally.  I checked the history for each note, but there is only one entry and the restore button is grayed out.

We all put out trust in Evernote and mine is significantly shaken.

• Sad 1

@PinkElephantthat is the first thing I did before posting here. After being in a texting thread for over an hour, trying several solutions that were useless, sharing logs with the support tech, etc, they said "we'll have the next level team get back to you sometime in the future".

I'm posting here to see if anyone else has recently had the same issue. I say "recently" because there are several older (1-2 years ago) thread from people who have had similar issues. 

• Like 1
  • Level 5*
14 minutes ago, Jordan Thompson said:

I'm posting here to see if anyone else has recently had the same issue.

If there's nothing in Note History you would seem to have an unusual issue.  I don't recall any truly 'missing' attachments being reported recently.  As a matter of interest;  were there any signs of these attachments in the notelike an error message or an icon that returns an error?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

H Jordan, was your issue resolved? I have exactly the same problem. I have a note that was created several months ago and I am 100 % sure there was a zip file attached. I didn't open the note for a long time and now the attachment is missing.

I don't have premium, so I cannot check the history 😕

Have to say that I am very disappointed. What is the point of using Evernote if it's that unreliable?

• Level 5*
19 hours ago, jkas said:

What is the point of using Evernote if it's that unreliable?

Subscribing - even if only for a month - gets you access to previous versions of your notes which are backed up several times during the day for everyone,  though the full history feature is only available to subscribers.  It's also possible - and advisable - to export notebooks to locally backed up ENEX files in case of data loss,  though in 15 years of using the app I've not been aware of any issues that weren't my own fault...

• Like 1
21 hours ago, jkas said:

H Jordan, was your issue resolved? I have exactly the same problem. I have a note that was created several months ago and I am 100 % sure there was a zip file attached. I didn't open the note for a long time and now the attachment is missing.

I don't have premium, so I cannot check the history 😕

Have to say that I am very disappointed. What is the point of using Evernote if it's that unreliable?

It was not.  Evernote refunded me a year's subscription after looking into it an apologizing.  The data was from a few (8-10?) years ago, so it's not killing me, but I am on tenterhooks waiting for the next event.

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, Jordan Thompson said:

I am on tenterhooks waiting for the next event.

I almost felt guilty when joining a conversation recently about local backups - I've been copying my whole account to local files for more than 15 years,  and I've never had to use that backup to recover lost data.  It seemed like a pointless exercise - that I still wanted to do,  but I was apologetic about it.  Another contributor,  who was a bike rider,  pointed out that despite being a seasoned rider,  they always wore a helmet... "because you never know".  So - avoid tenterhooks;  use backups.  You probably will never use them,  but...