How to backup in ENEX including folder structure?

Hi,

how does it look like in Evernote Legacy and Evernote V10?

I use Legacy and backup the whole database folder. But to be on the safe side, I also export the Enex every 3-6 months.

But as far as I know, in Legacy version the structure is lost. Is there any workaround for this? So without exporting every single folder extra.

And has the problem been fixed in Evernote V10?

• Level 5

There is no problem, the notebook information is just missing in the ENEX file structure.

So you need to export by notebook - this has not changed from legacy to v10.

Since many import tools rely on the current structure, and would be messed up with additional information, I doubt the ENEX format will be expanded to accommodate the notebook information.

46 minutes ago, PinkElephant said:

Since many import tools rely on the current structure, and would be messed up with additional information, I doubt the ENEX format will be expanded to accommodate the notebook information.

Not necessarily, as I already mentioned before, ENEX is an XML format, the 'X' meaning eXtensible Markup Language. This format has been designed specifically to be able to extend it without breaking older versions. If a new xml-tag isn't recognized by older software, it will just be ignored. So in this case, a new XML-tag for notebooks could be added without any problems with downwards compatibility.