Adjusting column width

Go to solution Solved by PinkElephant,

I upgraded to Mac OS Ventura 13.0.1. When I now open Evernote in the side list view, the columns for Title and the Note are very narrow, and I cannot find a way to widen them. Those 2 columns only take about 1/2 the width of Evernote window. which is otherwise blank.  I am using Evernote version 7.14, which the app says is the latest.

History_and_Create_New_Topic_-_Evernote_User_Forum.png

• Level 5*

Hi.  You appear to be using the old and unsupported Legacy client.  The current version is 10.4x.  I'm not a Mac user so can't confirm whether your OS is compatible.  I'm sure one or other of my colleagues will comment soon. 

• Level 5
  • Solution

Yes, this problem has been reported already several times from legacy users after upgrading to Ventura.

First 7.14 is the latest version of legacy - which means it will be the latest version of v7 on the Mac forever. It was abandoned 2 years ago when the new version 10 was released. Version 7 is deprecated, it runs as long as it runs, and when it fails, its dead. Now it doesn‘t outright fail, but its use is handicapped.

We can have luck, and the display problem is a side effect of something else, and when Apple changes this „something else“ the app will again display fine. Possible, but IMHO not likely, and for sure nothing to wait for.

So the probable next step will be to migrate to version 10. I would urge you to use the direct download from the EN website, not the version from the AppStore.

If you are using local (not synced) notebooks, they will be migrated to cloud storage in the process. If you want to avoid this, you need to export them first using legacy, and store them on the drive, or any other place. Don‘t use ENEX, because you need an EN client to open this format, and then it would import them into the cloud when you do.

Beside this, the migration takes part, and after it you are back in sync with the apps progress. We have already 48 release cycles of the new app behind us, so take your time to familiarize yourself wit the changes. There is a large series of good videos on the official channel of Evernote on YouTube. And there are several new features that did not exist at all in the legacy versions.

• Like 1

Thanks for the clear explanation of my issues. I will follow your advice and upgrade to a non-legacy version. When I checked for updates, it said my version was the latest. I was not aware I was actually quite outdated.