I’ve noticed for a while now the pull to refresh/sync functionality doesn’t work well. Sometimes I have to sit there and pull 5-10 times for it to finally sync. Apologies if this is a duplicate topic but the search feature didn’t provide any relevant results. Hopefully this issue can be fixed as its been like this for a lonnnng time and its super annoying. 

CFDBC973-731D-42BB-87A8-68BB78577A3F.jpeg

• Level 5

Pull to refresh is a standard app behaviour on iOS, nothing coded specifically for the EN iOS app. Whatever it does, it does something, but I agree not necessarily what we would expect.

There is a "sync now" option in the app settings. If you want to force a sync, use it.

From my observation apart from our own jitteriness, very often there is really no need to "force-sync". If you just leave it as it is, and continue, it usually syncs within between some seconds and maybe up to 5 minutes. The former is what I see most of the time, the later happens, but is an exception. But this may depend on the local network and maybe other parameters as well.

Syncing has become a major issue in the app. I just had a note I updated (again just text with maybe 20 bullets) and it took over 3 hours to update - basically it didnt update until I came back to the app. Background refresh is on too. In the meantime I was on the website evernote and edited it and now I yet again have a duplicate note that I need to merge. This is becoming constant now. Its horrible.

Hopefully this will help things - from https://evernote.com/blog/evernote-next-move-joining-bending-spoons/:

"As I write this blog post, our new collaborative editing capability, which allows multiple people to edit the same note simultaneously, and individuals to edit the same note on multiple devices without note conflicts, is in early days of beta testing around the world."