"too many resources"

vk

Idea

Hi all, 

I'm having issues adding anything to my account, if I try to clip, it says 

"Too many resources
Page has too many resources, max is 1000"

If I try to add something via phone app, it doesn't give me an error but doesn't add notes. Any ideas what this is referring to and how to fix? 

Thanks!

4 replies to this idea

• Level 5

A modern website is build from tiny blocks of data. That may be a text, a picture, a button, an advertising frame, whatever. The systems doing so are Content Management Systems, probably WordPress is the most popular.

If now the number of these elements exceeds a limit, the WebClipper will not clip the page. Everything clipped must later be integrated into a note, and too many elements put a high strain on correctly displaying the website as a clip.

You can’t do much about it - if a website is designed to hold that high a number of elements, it simply is beyond clipping. You can still try to use simplified clipping, or screenshot.

Unfortunately this is true even when I try to add a bookmark, so while I thought that might be the case this is as true of a quote, a bookmark, a selection of just text, etc.

I also cannot add anything via phone as copy paste, even even not clipping something.

17 hours ago, vk said:

Unfortunately this is true even when I try to add a bookmark, so while I thought that might be the case this is as true of a quote, a bookmark, a selection of just text, etc.

I also cannot add anything via phone as copy paste, even even not clipping something.

Some things to try:

1. If you trust the site you are trying to save to EN, you could try disabling whatever anti-malware or anti-tracking features your browser(s) have. It is possible that these features are preventing the EN clipper from properly counting the resources on the page, resulting in an infinite loop of some sort that is caught, generating the error message (or silently suppressed in the case of your phone app). The EN clipper might be designed to evaluate the entire page, even if you are only bookmarking it or saving a small, highlighted portion, possibly so it can tell EN what parts of the page you're interested in, and what parts you're not.
  2. Try other browsers plus the EN clipper on on your devices.
  3. In Firefox you can print to a PDF file. If that works, just save the PDF in EN. In other browsers you need add-ons for this, simple$t would be the relevant Adobe product

Good luck!