When new deals for legacy subscribers?

Let's face it, Evernote wants the legacy subscribers to change to a new, more expensive plan. I resisted the pressure to upgrade. Even after being spammed almost daily to do so. But I really hate it that Evernote Premium now feels like a limited product. Almost like a trial even. Because all the "Upgrade now" banners really are intrusive.

So there you have me Evernote: you've pushed me time after time and now I'm ready to upgrade. But I do want to have a discount before doing so. So my question is: when can I expect new offers? To be honest I would find it more fair to give loyal users more time to make use of a discount...

• Like 1
  • Level 5

Discounts will be offered from time to time, just watch out for them.

EN has only offered a discount for the 1st year of the new plan - there are no more continuous discounts. I don’t think they will repeat the same mistake they did when permanently rebating a full subscription like Premium.

Plus and old Premium ARE limited, discontinued products. You get what you always got for the reduced price, but you will get nothing of what is new (unless it is introduced for the Free level as well). You limit your expenditure, and you limit your features.

On 11/10/2022 at 3:15 AM, suijkerwerk said:

Let's face it, Evernote wants the legacy subscribers to change to a new, more expensive plan. I resisted the pressure to upgrade. Even after being spammed almost daily to do so. But I really hate it that Evernote Premium now feels like a limited product. Almost like a trial even. Because all the "Upgrade now" banners really are intrusive.

Yeah - that was me last year. I was a Plus user and I upgraded to Personal for a few reasons, a minor one of them being the 'upgrade now' banners were kind of annoying. I mostly did it though because I wanted to be able to access Version History, Tasks and a few other things.

When I upgraded, I also got a discount for one year. Now that year is over and I'm (gladly) paying full price since I rely so heavily on Evernote.

No ideas when another round of upgrade might be coming.

I wonder if they've thought about offering a one-time discount for legacy users *at any time they choose* to upgrade to a new plan because once you update, you can't go back to the legacy plan and I suspect most would continue subscribing vs going back to Free or leaving.