Evernote 10.48.4 stuck on main screen

Go to solution Solved by PinkElephant,

My MacOS is 13.0 (22A380) and Evernote version is 10.48.4. I upgrade EN to 10 from 7.x yesterday. However, after I log in, EN keep loading on the main screen (see the screenshot below). I tried to wait for a whole night, uninstall and reinstall EN. But it doesn't.

How could I make it work?

截屏2022-11-09 22.10.16.png

• Like 1
一小時前, PinkElephant說:

Are you on a free version, or on a subscription ?

I'm a Evernote Personal subscriber. I can log in EN web edition and it works well.

I have thounds of notes and some of them may be 10MB+. Does that cause my problem?

• Level 5
  • Solution

No, the volume of notes won’t be a problem. The system limits have not changed. I think that the install did go wrong at some point.

I would do this: Quit (cmd-Q) the EN app. Uninstall the app, using the app AppCleaner. Make sure all elements are checked for removal - scroll down the list and set the checkbox where it may be missing. Uninstall. Then restart the Mac.

Now get the direct download from the EN website. Install it, open, enter your login data. It should now open regularly. The initial download will go pretty fast, and you can already work with it. It will just not be snappy for some time, because it basically runs on the server, while it downloads your content for local use in the background.

Because of this, leave the EN app open, running in the background - it will continue to build your local database. Depending on your internet speed and Macs power, this can take hours or even days.

14 小時前, PinkElephant說:

No, the volume of notes won’t be a problem. The system limits have not changed. I think that the install did go wrong at some point.

I would do this: Quit (cmd-Q) the EN app. Uninstall the app, using the app AppCleaner. Make sure all elements are checked for removal - scroll down the list and set the checkbox where it may be missing. Uninstall. Then restart the Mac.

Now get the direct download from the EN website. Install it, open, enter your login data. It should now open regularly. The initial download will go pretty fast, and you can already work with it. It will just not be snappy for some time, because it basically runs on the server, while it downloads your content for local use in the background.

Because of this, leave the EN app open, running in the background - it will continue to build your local database. Depending on your internet speed and Macs power, this can take hours or even days.

I followed your instruction: quit, uninstall using AppCleaner, restart and install EN. Unfortunately it still doesn't work. EN keeps loading infinitely.

I think I have to download the legacy version. Although it doesn't work very well (as reported in https://discussion.evernote.com/forums/topic/143888-not-able-to-view-notes-in-full-screen-or-fit-to-page-on-mac-evernote-legacy-check-the-attachments-not-able-to-view-in-shaded-yellow-portion/), but at least it works.

9 分鐘前, PinkElephant說:

Another option would be to contact support:

EN v10 works on 2 Macs here, Intel and M1, Monterey and Ventura. No issues.

Sorry. I followed every step you metioned excpet "download EV" because the .dmg file in my computer is downloaded 2 days ago and I think it's already the latest.

After trying everything I can do, I download EN again and went through every step you suggested. It works! Then I noticed the .dmg in my computer is 10.48.4 and the newest one I downloaded is 10.48.5. I don't know what's wrong with 10.48.4 and what happened to 10.48.5. Anyway, it works on my computer now.

Thank you for your patience.

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...