Evernote suddenly jumping to the bottom of notes when you click on them

Is there a way to change the preference to jump to the bottom of notes when you click on them? I've been using Evernote since it's early days and I got used to typing new content at the top of notes so it was immediately accessible. Now suddenly I'm whisked to the bottom of notes, which I presume was meant to be a feature rather than a flaw. How do I undo this "feature"?

• Level 5*

Hi.  From various comments the latest desktop version 10.48 seems to have changed that - I wouldn't know at present;  my system still thinks 10.47 is the latest version 😒

(Yes I know I can download from the website and upgrade manually,  but that takes a few minutes I don't currently seem to have!)

• Evernote Expert

There have been a few reports of this behaviour in 10.48 although Ihaven't experienced it yet. The user who seems to have delved deepest seemed to find that the issue comes when you click at the beginning of the note rather than , say, half way down. As I say, I haven't experienced this yet.

This would merit a support ticket so that a pattern of behaviour can be noticed by the developers. Please report and let us know if you get a resolution.

• Level 5*

I'm now on the new version (after about 3 weeks of waiting for the roll-out!) but I have no problem with any notes - if I click on the note,  I get the title and first few paragraphs (or images).  If you're having issues,  we need

1. Your device, OS and Evernote version
  2. An exact description of how you're selecting the note (clicking search results? Using the side list?)
  3. And (maybe) screen shots of a before and after test note view...

I can reproduce this behavior on the latest version of Mac Desktop: 10.48.5-mac-ddl-public (3769) and Windows Desktop: 10.48.5-win-ddl-public (3769)

The thread I copied above is the exact same thing and @Julia Meister put in a ticket for it: https://discussion.evernote.com/forums/topic/143929-dont-automatically-move-to-the-end-of-the-note-when-editing/

When a note is first navigated to, if I click to try to position the cursor in the very first position of the first line (not just anywhere in the first line), then the cursor will jump to to the bottom of the note. Could be a bug or perhaps a weird eccentric feature (doubt). After I've clicked anywhere else in the note, then clicking in the very first position of the first line will not jump me to the bottom of the note.