Regarding screenshot saving

Go to solution Solved by agsteele,

• Level 5*

It's not possible to save anything in Evernote without placing it into a note.  The notebook question might be asking which notebook you want to store the image in as a separate note.  To add images to an existing note,  save them as files,  then copy/ paste or drag/ drop into position.  To avoid very large images taking over your screen you might want to save them into a table to limit their size.

No, I asked how to save the screenshot captured directly into the note. It only gives the option to save the screenshot in any notebook. And after selecting this option the screenshot get adds as a separate note.  How can I directly save the screenshot into the note I want it to go into?

• Evernote Expert

I'm not clear how you are trying this.  If I took a screen shot which is now sitting on the computer clipboard I could open a note and paste into that note. Or I could save it to the computer as a jpg or png image. Then I can drag and drop that into the note of my choice.

I'm not sure that will answer your question though.  Tell us how you would like to to achieve this and somebody will have a good idea of what might work.

• Evernote Expert
  • Solution

OK. Got it now. This is a web clipper issue. ;)

I don't think I've ever thought of using the web clipper to capture screen shots. So I've no experience of that to offer.

Web Clipper will capture a screenshot which it will place into a new note in your chosen notebook. You are correct that you cannot save, by that method, into a specific note.

On Windows 11 Win+Shift+S will give you a pair of cross hairs to highlight what you want to capture. Then open the desired note and paste Ctrl+V.

I think that should work on Windows 10 too.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, agsteele said:

OK. Got it now. This is a web clipper issue. ;)

I don't think I've ever thought of using the web clipper to capture screen shots. So I've no experience of that to offer.

Web Clipper will capture a sensor which it will place into a new note in your chosen notebook. You are correct that you cannot save, by that method, into a specific note.

On Windows 11 Win+Shift+S will give you a pair of cross hairs to highlight what you want to capture. Then open the desired note and paste Ctrl+V.

I think that should work on Windows 10 too.

Thank you so much, sir! I didn't know that this shortcut would copy the screenshot to the clipboard. Now, I feel no need to use the web clipper. Yes, it is working in windows 10 too.

• Like 2