How do I disable the annoying "Month In Review" pop-ups?

• Evernote Expert

This month, in addition to the monthly activity Email, I got a pop up in the mobile app with the same information. To get rid of the Emails click the unsubscribe option at the end. For the pop up, I can't say as I just flicked it out of the way without thinking. Perhaps unsubscribing from the Email will get rid of the pop up. But it really is such a minor interruption for me and life is too short to be fussed about it .

• Like 1

A minor but not negligible issue which by coincidence I also encountered yesterday.   I was bringing up a note that took me considerable time to find while being on the phone with a client.  I was reading out the information when this "month in review" suddenly replaced the screen I was looking at.  I tried to brush it away and also lost the note that I had painstakingly found.  I had to call the client back at a later time when I could find the information again.  I think that if an app wants to give you informational or inspirational messages it should come when you first open the app or perhaps by an email.  But not in the middle of your workflow.

• Like 2
  • Level 5

We will find reason and reason ...

It is a help offered by EN to reflect on how you / me / everybody uses it, and maybe we will get some hints one day as well on how to improve, or which features could help us.

If you want to communicate with EN about the timing, send feedback or open a support ticket.

3 hours ago, idoc said:

A minor but not negligible issue which by coincidence I also encountered yesterday.   I was bringing up a note that took me considerable time to find while being on the phone with a client.  I was reading out the information when this "month in review" suddenly replaced the screen I was looking at.  I tried to brush it away and also lost the note that I had painstakingly found.  I had to call the client back at a later time when I could find the information again.  I think that if an app wants to give you informational or inspirational messages it should come when you first open the app or perhaps by an email.  But not in the middle of your workflow.

Exactly. I needed to quickly capture some information, but my workflow was *interrupted* by this sheet. No matter how "helpful" it may be to some users, and no matter how infrequently the page appears, if it appears at an in opportune time, that's one time too many. 

Any feature that potentially interrupts a user's workflow should be optional.

• Like 2

Can you imagine if every app you use begins to remind you regularly how great it is? We are already bombarded by spam, phishing, constant ads, surveys and more. This is something I sincerely hope does not become a trend. 

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...
On 11/5/2022 at 4:00 AM, soundsgoodtome said:

In Evernote for iPhone (latest version), I'm now getting occasional pop-ups at launch, showing a summary of my activity for the last month.

I don't want them.

How do I disable them?

I'd like to get rid of these popups on my Android devices, too. I don't need or want to gamify Evernote.

image.thumb.jpeg.7755a4f81acdeb3a2d974d8d9b140a9e.jpeg

Rather than start a new thread - I see they are adding more spam - got something earlier about how I should try journaling linked to a blog post. Seems no way to disable this spam.

• Level 5*
7 minutes ago, cgk said:

Seems no way to disable this spam.

I thought the previous suggestion of talking to Evernote seemed quite reasonable... 

My mail client can flag senders as spammers,  so maybe add a selection of addresses to your 'block' list as you receive the mails you don't like.

17 minutes ago, gazumped said:

I thought the previous suggestion of talking to Evernote seemed quite reasonable... 

My mail client can flag senders as spammers,  so maybe add a selection of addresses to your 'block' list as you receive the mails you don't like.

This last one like previous complaints is in the app - the only way to deal with it seems to be block evernote from providing any notifications which is not optimal. 

I did email evernote about this previously (the other pop-ups) but got no response.