PDF Files Garbled when placed into a folder to be imported.

Go to solution Solved by agsteele,

I have a new computer running windows 11.  I use Evernote Professional.  I am using Evernote 10.47.7, although this issue has happened through several updates, but started with a new computer running win 11.

I save a file as a pdf that will be imported into Evernote.  When I look at the file in Evernote portions are garbled, yet when I go the copy in the sync folder it is perfectly fine.  You will see how the letters aren't easy to ready in the header or the clipped by portion.  I have uploaded the file from the sync folder below and you will see it is fine. [The missing line in the body is missing and not the fault of Evernote].  This is important for me because I create source citations from the documents in Evernote and if I can't read the info in the note, I cannot create an accurate citation.

Any help in getting this straightened out will be appreciated.

Thank you for your help.

Patrice Schadt

image.thumb.png.1b570636a461864c4808c2ae2a4ad28f.png

McDermott_Eveline_Decker.pdf

• Evernote Expert

I have seen this reported very occasionally. So far the reason has been the screen resolution chosen by the computer.  It is most common when someone is using an external monitor and a built in laptop monitor. 

To diagnose a little... If you right click on the PDF that has been uploaded inside Evernote then choose Open. The PDF should display inside your default PDF viewer. Does it now look OK? If so that tells us that the PDF has not beencorrupted or otherwise mangled in the upload to the Evernote servers. Rather it is a screen display issue. That will be where you need to explore for a resolution.

Thank you for your reply.  I believe you are right.  It does display properly when I right click and open.  I have this on a desktop computer with 3 monitors.  I have been doing this for years.  Currently, all three monitors have the display resolution set at 1920 x 1080.  Is there a better resolution that you could recommend?  Thank you for your help.  At least I know where the problem is now.  I appreciate your response.  Thanks.

• Evernote Expert
  • Solution

I would put this down to using the different monitors. You can only experiment and see which works.

Although you have been working this way for years, you now have a new PC on Windows 11. This is as good as starting afresh.