addition of flow chart

desperately need addition of flowchart in insert menu.

this is by far mostly used thing in handmade notes and i am addicted to it, moreover it coneys data neatly so please consider adding this feature.

below are some frequently used formats.

3.jpg

2.png

1.webp

• Level 5

Hi, and welcome to the forums. These are user-to-user forums, so they're not a great way of contacting Evernote directly with suggestions. (There are feedback forums, though, which are designed for feature requests.) WRT flow charts, aren't they just graphics/images, which you can attach as such?

• Evernote Expert
4 hours ago, skyeaf said:

desperately need addition of flowchart in insert menu

I think I can confidently say that this is nowhere on anyone's plans for Evernote. You can certainly advocate for this but I don't anticipate you'll see any progress. Capture free hand sketches as images would be my way forward. I use Rocketbook linked to Evernote to add free hand content.

• Like 1
  • Level 5*

...what they said:  I use Freemind and Scrapple as mind mapping applications,  and both of those can be attached to Evernote notes as either attachments or JPG inline images.  I can also attach links to and from both apps with Evernote.  Why the urgency for Evernote to reinvent this particular wheel?

Edit:  Sorry for the typo - that should be Scapple,  not Scrapple - "a mush of pork scraps and trimmings combined with cornmeal and wheat flour and spices which is formed into a semi-solid congealed loaf, and slices of the scrapple are then pan-fried before serving". (Wikipedia)

• Like 2
11 hours ago, gazumped said:

...what they said:  I use Freemind and Scrapple as mind mapping applications,  and both of those can be attached to Evernote notes as either attachments or JPG inline images.  I can also attach links to and from both apps with Evernote.  Why the urgency for Evernote to reinvent this particular wheel?

Agreed, except if you would like to visualize related notes in a graph

• 1 month later...
On 10/28/2022 at 6:10 PM, agsteele said:

I use Rocketbook linked to Evernote to add free hand content.

I use Rocketbook for a good deal of my general note taking. I find writing notes much easier and faster compared to using current electronic tools.  The integration of Rocketbook with Evernote has been great.  The one time purchase of the reusable notebook along with easily found and inexpensive erasable ink pens makes the Rocketbook/Evernote combination hard to beat for my needs.

Going one step further along the praise path, what I find what sets Evernote apart from its competition is the numerous ways of getting data in and the extensive search functionality in getting data out.

On the other hand, my Evernote wish list focuses on formatting of search results (e.g. saved searches with their own column/sort/filter spec) and more flexible export options.

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...
On 1/16/2023 at 8:23 PM, KIK's said:

Please share. Would love any hints, tips, and short cuts, you use. New to Rocketbook just purchased new fusion plus for 2023 organization

The best tips that come to mind are:

• I title each page when I begin taking notes.  I place ## both before and after the title.  This results in EN using what’s between the ## as the title of the note.
  • In addition, I put the date under the title.  I do this because the when I bring over RB pages into EN is not the same day I created the note.  As a result, the date/time stamp in EN is not the same day I created the note.
  • I also *try* to write clearly as RB transcribes the page and brings over the translation to EN.
    • It is this translation that RB adds value.  While EN does OCR scans, it does not put the translation in the note body resulting in the inability to select the text.  So, to increase the accuracy of RB’s transcripts of my notes, again, I *try* to write neatly.
  • I bought a supply of pens because when they run out of ink - boom!  They are out of ink.
  • I bought a cover on Amazon so I can keep papers with the RB if/when needed and with the pen holder, I never have to search for the pen.
  • I bought a water brush to deal with small erasing as opposed to erasing the whole page.
  • Like 2