Multiple copies of same note using up my upload limit

I have come back from being  In a coma.  I rely on evernote for every single aspect of my life as I am now a widow.   I am 70 years of age and used to teach computers.  Now I can no longer set up my own PC and use it. I am pretty much restricted to bed and I use a Samsung Galaxy Tab S7   I am having a tremendous number of challenges in using Evernote and I cannot understand why. Is there a way to get 1 on 1 help with the issues I have? I am currently being told that I have reached my monthly upload limit.  I guess to sum it up as concisely as possible I would say that every time I go in to a document and modify it, The app creates a whole new copy of the note.  I literally have hundreds of the same notes.   I've also noticed that some unique files no longer exist.   I live almost a $1000 a month and upgrading my plan is not an option.

• Level 5

Sorry for the situation, I am sure it is not easy.

The Android client is probably the weakest offer among the different clients. If has the restrictions of the mobile clients, and is mentioned repeatedly having problems in conjunction with Samsung devices.

When duplicates are created, it will dig into the upload limit. And the Free plan does only have 60 MB every month, which can be a lot, but only if you restrict yourself to mainly text. Pictures and audio are too large, video is even worse.

To get rid of the limit, a subscription is the only reliable solution. If you can and will afford it - no idea. I probably wouldn’t if on a tight budget. On Apple tablets Apple Notes is a lightweight but solid alternative. Probably Android or Samsung has a free note app as well. It will probably be different, but you could give it a try.

Thank you for your quick response pink elephant.  As I stated in my original post paying for a larger plan is not a possibility for me I have I have 4 different people who help pay required bills. If I were to uninstall evernote and reinstall it,  Do you think it would come back with only one of each of my notes.  It has been extremely challenging for me to learn this new app and how to collect my thoughts to use this in the best way possible for me.  Any thoughts or suggestions other than paying more money would be greatly appreciated.

• Level 5

Hi there, my respect to you and your friends helping you through difficult times.

EN is running on a cloud server. The duplicates were actually created on that server, when the program detected a copy coming in that didn’t match another version of that note. As a fellow user I can’t watch into why this may have happened.

Let me flag this thread for an admin - I think they will contact you.

Thank you for your quick response pink elephant.  I appreciate you offering a flag this to see if anyone else can help with the support group. Is there a way that I can go into the cloud and clean up what it is saved?

• Level 5

You could use the web client - but it is counted as a device, so I would not do this at the moment. You would probably need to unsync another device, and I don’t want to have something go wrong while doing so. It could create a lock out situation.

I got confirmation from my contact that support got involved now. Hope they can help you to get things sorted out.

• 2 weeks later...

. Thank you for your quick response pink elephant.  I appreciate you offering a flag this to see if anyone else can help with the support group. Is there a way that I can go into the cloud and clean up what it is saved?  William very glad that you have devised the support has gotten involved it's now November the 9th.  My issues are no more clear than they were October the 31st I can't tell you how much I appreciate your patience and willingness to try to reach out and help in a situation where you clearly don't have to.  

• Level 5

You can get at the cloud copy through the web client. However, it is counted as another device, so you will have to unsync a device your are currently using. There are only 2 unsyncs allowed within 30 days, so getting into the web client, and leaving it again consumes the 2 allowed device switches.

Giving this restriction, and the fact that the upload limit has been used, the pragmatic way would be to buy a monthly Personal subscription. I understand you may say „why shall I pay to sort this out“ - but it will cost you the amount of a large to go, and you have the devices limit lifted, the upload limit opened to 10 GB, plus access to support. So I think beside clearing what has happened, you can make a little power user sprint for 30 days, maybe using it to upload what you always wanted to save away.