Move completed tasks to bottom of note,,,

Any way to move completed tasks to the bottom of the note? If it's a completed task we don't need it in the way. Nice to have the choice to keep it around for reference but no other reason it should stay in the middle of an active note...

Is it me?...

I'd much rather have the completed task stay in the same location, like they do now, as I often have notes of context around the task. Moving the task once completed would break that context.

It sounds like you might have many, perhaps dozens, of tasks one after the other? This isn't the case for my usage. I generally have one or two tasks per note and have tasks spread across scores of notes.

Same as you, I have one or two tasks per note and have tasks spread across scores of notes, however if I complete a task I don't want to see it. Just a preference thing. That's why I think it should be an option, like on the desktop task window. Have you seen the option?

There aren't very many options in Evernote (v10), but they do already have some for Tasks. They did recently just add the one option for showing/not-showing the strikethrough on a completed checklist item, so it seems likely that they will probably be adding more options as time goes on.

I notice that when you move one task from one note to another, that the task is placed right below the very last task in the target note and if there are no tasks already in the target note then the task is placed at the very top of the target note. So it seems feasible to me that they could tap into that same task positioning infrastructure and place a completed task at the very bottom of the note once it is completed. How much work that would actually take and if it's worth it... anybody's guess really.

1 hour ago, Boot17 said:

There aren't very many options in Evernote (v10), but they do already have some for Tasks. They did recently just add the one option for showing/not-showing the strikethrough on a completed checklist item, so it seems likely that they will probably be adding more options as time goes on.

I notice that when you move one task from one note to another, that the task is placed right below the very last task in the target note and if there are no tasks already in the target note then the task is placed at the very top of the target note. So it seems feasible to me that they could tap into that same task positioning infrastructure and place a completed task at the very bottom of the note once it is completed. How much work that would actually take and if it's worth it... anybody's guess really.

Sounds logical to me...🤷‍♂️

On 10/26/2022 at 11:09 AM, James000 said:

Any way to move completed tasks to the bottom of the note? If it's a completed task we don't need it in the way. Nice to have the choice to keep it around for reference but no other reason it should stay in the middle of an active note...

Is it me?...

Not just you. But as others have mentioned it gets complicated when using tasks in the middle of a note. I am assuming though that you are talking about the default task note here - if that is the case I agree also. In a pure task note I would like the ability to have completed tasks moved to the bottom, or better yet hidden within the note.

5 minutes ago, buckethead said:

Not just you. But as others have mentioned it gets complicated when using tasks in the middle of a note. I am assuming though that you are talking about the default task note here - if that is the case I agree also. In a pure task note I would like the ability to have completed tasks moved to the bottom, or better yet hidden within the note.

Could be the default task note but also could be regular notes. If I have a large note with much information and tasks built in between the information, I may not want to skim through completed tasks to get to the next bit of information. If those completed tasks were sent to the bottom of the note, I could look at it if I want to.

2 hours ago, AmethystProductivity said:

You can delete the task so you won't see it unless you need the option of locating or referring to it again later. 

Well, deleting would probably work fine 99% of the time but the one time I would need it, it would be nice to find it at the bottom of the note...🤓😎

On 28.10.2022 at 02:38, James000 said:

Well, deleting would probably work fine 99% of the time but the one time I would need it, it would be nice to find it at the bottom of the note...🤓😎

I completely agree 😉