Conflicting notes

I am getting messages for conflicting notes often, and I don't have the notes open on more than one device.  I do often have the note open in a new window so I don't lose my place while I search for something else in the app.  Is this what is causing it?  

I wouldn't mind so much if it would let me compare the notes quickly and tell me WHAT the conflicting changes are.  It's just not worth my time to go and scrutinize both notes each time this happens, especially as it's happening more frequently lately.  

I use evernote for sooooo much and it's really slowing me down.  Can anyone help me please?  Thanks!  :) 

• Evernote Expert

Without looking over your shoulder it is difficult to say what might be going on.  You are correct to avoid opening the same note on multiple devices.

Another thing to avoid is having the same note active in two places within the one application.  It is easy have the note open in its own window AND also have it open in the main device note view. If you switch from the individual window to the main note application and that is the same note then you will, in effect, be working on the same note in both views and that is likely to create a conflicted note.

The best way to avoid this would be click in a different note when returning to the default application.

But that's my guess/suggestion I can't say for sure.

• Level 5
On 10/15/2022 at 12:52 PM, agsteele said:

Another thing to avoid is having the same note active in two places within the one application.  It is easy have the note open in its own window AND also have it open in the main device note view. If you switch from the individual window to the main note application and that is the same note then you will, in effect, be working on the same note in both views and that is likely to create a conflicted note.

Interesting. I know I have done that more than once in the old Evernote v. 6, and never gotten a duplication. I don't think I've done it yet in v. 10, but I'll watch out for the problem.