RESTORE WINDOWS APP SYNC BUTTON!!! PLEAAAAAAAASE!

evernotemad

Idea

If there were no problems with the automatic sync I would say "ok forget about the sync button" 

but there are TONS of problems!! with sometimes 3 or 4 copies of one note!!! that makes me completely crazy!

there used to be a SYNC BUTTON in the windows app: WHY THE HELL DID YOU DELETE IT????!

It's much better to control the sync with it!!!

PLEASE PUT IT BACK!!! It's so stupid from your team to have deleted it!!

PLEAAAAAAAASSSE!!!

7 replies to this idea

Just now, evernotemad said:

If there were no problems with the automatic sync I would say "ok forget about the sync button" 

but there are TONS of problems!! with sometimes 3 or 4 copies of one note!!! that makes me completely crazy!

there used to be a SYNC BUTTON in the windows app: WHY THE HELL DID YOU DELETE IT????!

It's much better to control the sync with it!!!

PLEASE PUT IT BACK!!! It's so stupid from your team to have deleted it!!

PLEAAAAAAAASSSE!!!

The Evernote currently hides the sync button and shows no information regarding sync status. This practice is not magic but demonstrates their poor software design. All remote cloud services tell the user the status whether the edits have synced or not!

• Level 5

If you look at the bottom right of the app window, what do you see (in light grey font color) ?

Yes, a text that tells what saving status the edits have. All cloud apps tell ….

In mobile a green triangle tells the same.

About „poor software design“: You seem to be THE crack code guru they are direly missing. Just follow this link:

https://evernote.com/intl/en/careers

• Evernote Expert
4 hours ago, evernotemad said:

WHY THE HELL DID YOU DELETE IT????!

I didn't delete anything and neither did any of your fellow users who come the forums to offer help and advice based on their experience. Inevitably, venting on fellow users can generate terse responses.

You might occasionally find a STAFF member present but it is infrequent. If you want to talk to Evernote staff and be sure they hear you frustration then you'll need to open a support ticket.

• Thanks 1

Absolutely correct. The design gets poorer and poorer with new versions. They remove things that are useful thinking that by removing them, they remove clutter. But the clutter is only in their heads. They usually needs control.

• Thanks 1
  • Level 5

Anything to contribute, except of thin hot air ?

When legacy was the platform, anybody with eyes open could see the clients die, and EN as a company with it. Left and right new competition was flourishing.

Where have you been back then, with all of your wisdom ?