Desktop App vs Coud vs Mac vs Windows

I have a Teams Plan. Tried to invite a 3rd party guest to edit/collaborate on a note. For some reason they were not able to format their note the same as me. For example, when I created a Checkbox List, it renders in their view as a Bullet List. When they created a Numbered List, it renders in my view as an Un-Numbered List

Whats the deal?
Note:
– Im on Mac Desktop and also Cloud Version with Chrome Browser
– Guest is on Windows web cloud Free Version of Evernote

Is it possible for us to collaborate on a Note?
Are these problems related to my "Teams" plan vs. their "Free Plan?" (I would think the Free Plan could at least render, view, edit, share and manage various "List" formats?")

Also, it was surprising to learn that it is not possible for multiple users to collaborate, in real-time, on a given note. Rather, if one person has a Note open, everyone else is blocked out. I guessing there is now way around this right? And, that's just the way Evernote collaborative workflows are?
1) One person "checks out" the note
2) The other people must click out away from the note, wait, and then can return to view or edit...
Right? (this limitation must be related to the old code EV is built on? Because every other note taking documentation platform on the planet supports collaborative, realtime editing...)

Thanks!

• Level 5

On the editing side it is correct, the editing should give the same results. The guest using the web client should check the account settings, personal settings. The option „use v10+ client“ in the tab „Web Client“ must be checked to enable the new editor.

About collaborative editing: With the current sync it is only possible that 1 person can edit a note at any time. This person must leave the note to unlock it for another person. If you want collaborative editing, currently the workaround is to place a file on Google Drive, and link it in the EN note. Everybody with the share can open the note on G drive, and edit it collaboratively.

EN has told they work on a sync overhaul. If this includes collaborative editing we have to wait & see.

Thanks for the answers!!

If you want collaborative editing, currently the workaround is to place a file on Google Drive

That's hilarious. (adding Google Drive to the equation defeats the attraction to Evernote Teams) My #1 reason (the only reason, really) towards EV Teams was the ability to share collections of folders with the intent/expectation to collaborate (in real time) with my "Team." So, with my tail between my legs, I downgraded back to EN personal. Im fine with that. EV Teams just could not do it for our group.

Thanks and MUCH appreciated!

P.S. my only remaining question is ==>> now that Ive deactivated my EV Teams account, how do I totally DELETE it?