Support right-left language text direction

Hello,

I  have opened a case before couple of years about the support of Arabic language text direction (right to left) and that time it was said that it is not supported. Now after many years, it is still not there and I opened a support case and the response is that it is still not supported and they don't even commit to do it ! This is basic feature support by freewares and small open sources I dont understand why Evernote dont invest on it although we purchase licenses !

Finally, I don't know how is the case for other right-left  languages, but it is really frustrating for very large community using Arabic language which being read and used by more than billion person..

Br,

• Like 1
  • Level 5*

Hi.  All the cases for RTL typing were captured here some while ago - Add right to left direction support - General Feature Requests - Evernote User Forum

As you will see there are only 124 votes in favour.  Some requests with many more votes still haven't been implemented but it can't hurt to add as many votes here as possible.  Evernote still has a lot to do with its product - I'm sure they'll still be adding new features in 5 years time.  You may be able to get this one a little higher up the list.

• Like 1
  • Level 5

It really is incredible to me that Evernote hasn't given this some attention--hasn't at least said publicly whether or not they plan to give it attention--considering the huge number of users who could benefit from it. 124 votes in the request forums is actually not that small, and it surely doesn't reflect the advantages Evernote could gain simply by being able to market their product to people using right-to-left languages. Whatever the technical issues, they have been addressed years ago by all kinds of software. I really don't think Evernote would have to reinvent the wheel to do this. But, as a search of the forums will confirm, even Eastern European language speakers often find that Evernote does not support their keyboards.

• Like 1