Search for notes on create link popup

Mateus Leoni

Idea

I create lots of links on my notes and I find the general workflow quite slow. I do believe that it could be much better if I could search for my notes inside the link popup.

Usually, I need to go to the note I want to create a link for, go back to the note I'm writing, highlight a text and press CTRL+K to paste the link. It would be much faster if we could only search for our notes inside the CRTL+K popup menu.

What you guys think about this?

6 replies to this idea

2 hours ago, Boot17 said:

You can now do this in v10.50.9:

image.png.98608311b5867c1a9ef59e3fb7e81328.png

image.png.a618803d63608df7d0fa604206dc3d9e.png

This is definitely a step forward. When you hit "select note" you can either search for text or browse through notebooks. However, early testing suggests that advanced search formatting works - certainly for tags. So if yoiu don't remember the title but want to browse through a tag you can use 

tag:tag_name

in the search field.

• Like 2

I think that'd be great. I've also seen a request (or at least mentions in a thread) to support 'bracketing'. It's kind of a markdown shortcut where you type '[[' in the editor and then a list of your notes would popup and you could select a note from that list. To have that list in Ctrl-K sounds just as good and maybe a little bit better since you could then also type an alternative text for the link.

• Like 2
1 hora atrás, Boot17 disse:

I think that'd be great. I've also seen a request (or at least mentions in a thread) to support 'bracketing'. It's kind of a markdown shortcut where you type '[[' in the editor and then a list of your notes would popup and you could select a note from that list. To have that list in Ctrl-K sounds just as good and maybe a little bit better since you could then also type an alternative text for the link.

Thats also good. But I don't see Evernote going in this direction of Roam/Obsidian note apps, that have this markdown linking feature. So, I believe this is a middle ground for easy linking abilities while also keeping Evernote usage similar to what it is now.