Hello,

I use Evernote on Windows and I'm used to create many App links to note both within evenote and externally. EG: from outlook appointments to related notes.

Until few days ago no problem at all (except not being able to open link in new windows rather than in the main windows but is a minor point). Now I realize that none of these links works anylonger. I guess is related with last update I made recently.

Any suggestion to fix it?

Here below an example of link I refer to:

evernote:///view/23185601/s210/be52f968-75be-6faf-f406-8db218933fa1/7b02eab8-4d97-4c1b-97a6-a174003926ae

I'm certainly not having that problem. You could try the web version to check that it works there. If it does, it might be a local database problem so you will need to refresh the local database:

1. Go to File > Sign Out [name] from the menu bar.
  2. Select the "Remove my Evernote data from this device" option, then click Sign out.
  3. Restart your computer (probably not really necessary).
  4. Sign back in to Evernote

Funny enough link to the web evernote works and if from the web I ask to open the local version of the note in the app it works as well. While the link to the note in the app directly does not work.

I have tried what you suggested but did not solve. I also unistalled and re-installed it. but the issue is still there.

• Like 2
  • Level 5*
1 hour ago, Velectro said:

this features is not anylonger available from the latest version.

??  It's alive and working for me in the latest version.  The whole purpose of providing a note link in the first place is to make the note accessible from an external source.  If the link doesn't open the note in the app,  it should still open the web version.  I can only assume Support misunderstood the question,  or were talking about something else!

Thanks Gazumped, as I mentioned above definitively the web link works. What is not working is the App Link. Could you confirm that with latest version of Evernote (Evernote 10.46.7 this is my version) you are able to open correctly app links from other apps?

Eg: you copy an app link from a note in Evenote and you paste it in a word file. Then clicking on it will open the rigth note in the app?

• Level 5

I just tested in Evernote 10.46.7 under Windows 10. An existing shortcut on my desktop with an app link opened the correct note within the program, even after I had completely quit Evernote (File > Quit). Same with a different, freshly copied app link from the Windows Run dialog, and a different link from within a Word document. So it's working for me. What version of Windows are you using?

Same for me as with Dave-in-Decatur, I am on 10.46.7 as well. Thankfully, app links work and even cold start EN and lead to the correct note within the app. I would be really disappointed if they would drop that important feature.

Definitively support misunderstood then. Here below their reply. I will follow up with them:

"Hello Vincenzo,

Thank you for getting back with us 

As per checking, this was a feature for the previous versions of Evernote. As of right now this feature is not available for the newer versions of the Evernote app. I apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you. 

We haven’t built this feature into the new Evernote app. This is one of a handful of  features we are still considering. Thanks for letting us know this feature is important to you. I will share this information with our product team.

Should there be a need for further assistance, I want you to know that our team will always be available to help you.

Best,"

• Like 1
On 10/16/2022 at 7:37 PM, gazumped said:

??  It's alive and working for me in the latest version.  The whole purpose of providing a note link in the first place is to make the note accessible from an external source.  If the link doesn't open the note in the app,  it should still open the web version.  I can only assume Support misunderstood the question,  or were talking about something else!

Hi Gazumped, just wanted to ask any steps I should follow? I'm sadly having the same issue and cannot have my note links open in the app when pasting them from word. I use the latest version for Windows too. 

• Level 5*

Hmmn.  Didn't think about it before,  but I did have some problems getting the note link to work properly so its second nature to me now to copy and paste the link into the note I just copied from,  then to copy the newly-pasted link from there into another app.  So - try copying the link into it's 'parent' note,  then recopy from there to an external app.

On 10/16/2022 at 10:01 PM, Dave-in-Decatur said:

I just tested in Evernote 10.46.7 under Windows 10. An existing shortcut on my desktop with an app link opened the correct note within the program, even after I had completely quit Evernote (File > Quit). Same with a different, freshly copied app link from the Windows Run dialog, and a different link from within a Word document. So it's working for me. What version of Windows are you using?

I'm using Microsoft Windows 10 enterprise version 10.0.19044

I discovered that the same link to app copied in evernote works if I create a shortcut on desktop, while does not work if I copy in Word or Outlook items and click on it. Start to think that somehow Microsoft App create the issue.

• Like 1

I made another step forward. The same link copied from the note as copy app link, works if pasted in a "new shortcut" while does not work if pasted in Word. The more I investigate and the more seems to be linked with the app (Word or outlook in this case) rather than to evernote.

Any idea?

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I use the "Copy App link" within the "Copy Internal Link" so that I can paste links in Microsoft OneNote to automatically link to notes in Evernote.  I am finding that it works for a period of time and then the link starts taking me to Evernote, but only to the note that is already open in Evernote.  Anyone seen this before and any solutions? 

• Like 1

Hi Colpip, is the same issue I'm experiencing, Evernote just open latest Note or the note that is already open. I made a ticket to technical support and wants to level 2. Waiting their solution but I did not get any splution timing estimation.

• 1 year later...

Just making sure I didn't miss anything here: 

1) Can create a windos lnik via hyperline creation.

2) But cannot simply "copy internal applink " and paste with in windows apps.

Is this correct or am I missing a step here to ealisy creat a note link.

Trying to "Copy & Paste" the link to the Evernote app, into an outlook calendar appointment.

It might be worth checking that you can go to the linked note using the Windows run command. 

• Copy the app link for the note
  • Navigate away from the note
  • Press Win+R
  • Paste in the link
  • Press enter

If that doesn't work then it sounds more like a Windows file association problem.

• Evernote Expert
9 hours ago, KCour2006 said:

I tried that and it pastes an evernote:// type link that doesn't go anywhere. ?

The evernote:// links are internal. They operate solely within the Evernote app. You probably need the web link

image.thumb.png.14d3e313ca83214740dd7cfe5dd8967f.png

• Level 5*

Ah.  I forgot this bit!  - When you copy a note link,  paste it into the note to which it relates,  then copy that link into any other document.  You should see a "live" link which will be the title of your note.  - But if you forget or prefer a bare text link,  paste / Ctrl K / paste again will create a link from the text.