Please help me!My evernote has just reached 100000 notes limit!

What alternatives are there to creating notes after the 100,000 limit is reached? I tried searching on ths in the support area but saw no results (per image below).

Obviously deleting existing notes is among the choices to stay within the 100,000 limit. I presume, too, that you can have your cake and eat it too, ie., that deleting existing notes can be combined with "archiving" / downloading the notes to be deleted. 

I also suppose that merging existing notes may be another option for skirting around the 100,000 note limit. I'd be interested in hearing any step-wise method for choosing which notes to merge say by tag or other means.

What about upgrading to a team membership, where the note limit is 500,000?  This is more costly of course. What is the minimum number of team members required to qualify for team membership?

All ideas appreciated.

Even from those who may say, "why do you need so many notes?"  Such responses would be even more greatly appreciated if the response includes thoughts about why it should be unnecessary to have so many notes and how one can still capture information but organize it better (?more betterly?) with being a profligate note creator.

Please do not hesistate to risk soundiung condescending or dismissive. I value your knowledge, insight and opinion, however you are inclined to express it. 

Thanks and kind regards,

Incredimetabeta

LImits on 1000000 notes.png

• Level 5*

So I've been at this for 10 years or so,  during which course I digitised a (small) library and have not been stingy with the clipping and emailing and file attaching...  and I'm still not at 60,000 notes,  much less 100,000.  I'm just envious I guess...

But I also guess that Pink has it about right.  If you're genuinely looking down the barrel of 100K notes then some curation is probably advised plus one or more possible additional account(s) with some of your notes being archived to free storage.

Teams I'd say would be a last resport - there's no minimum membership (AFAIK) and some of the queries I've seen suggest that individuals have set up their own Teams access before now - but there are effectively two accounts involved,  a personal account for the individual,  and a business account for the 'team' and you get to be your own Admin,  authorising your own access to different notebooks.  Sounds like too much of a hassle to me!

If you do have a lot of notes you could always try checking with Support to see whether they feel like re-examining the current limits  ☺️

• Like 1

Depending on your situation you may be able to merge a lot of your notes into larger files and then store those elsewhere eg: Google drive, icloud etc.  In my case I have thousands of faxes and pdfs that I merge with Adobe Acrobat and then move out of EN into offline storage.  If you have entire notebooks that you don't need you can export them as enex files and store those also in offline storage.  Bottom line is that I try to have my EN as slim as possible and do not keep notes from 10 years ago lying around. 

• Level 5

Personally I support the merging approach. But I would keep it simple: Let the attachments be attachments, just merge the notes. It is amazing how many Scans fit into a 200MB note. And it is way more efficient just to merge the notes.

Search will do the rest.

On 9/15/2022 at 1:43 AM, gazumped said:

there's no minimum membership (AFAIK)

It would be nice as I'd be on it but Teams version has a 2 seat minimum.

You can connect more than one account to the same app though and switch between them.

So if merging or pruning notes isn't an option you could create a free or paid 'Archive' account and have them listed in the same app.

• Like 2
  • 4 weeks later...

I have been using evernote for more than 10 years!

Today I found I can't create new note because of the notes limit. 

Who can help me to solve the problem? My account type is professional. I just use it by myself. I don't want to update my account type to teams type.

image.thumb.png.6c6231dfa923eccadf8dec3846685ad9.png

ps:
I have more than 200G data in the app!  100000 notes limit is too unreasonable for a serious user!!!

image.thumb.png.06f1ce83283edc0676dbdd001b0ea675.png

在 2022/9/16 在 PM8點53分, Jon/t說:

It would be nice as I'd be on it but Teams version has a 2 seat minimum.

You can connect more than one account to the same app though and switch between them.

So if merging or pruning notes isn't an option you could create a free or paid 'Archive' account and have them listed in the same app.

I have just exceeded the 10,0000 notes limit today. I found I couldn't edit a new note and upload it today morning! You will never know how angry I was when knowing the stupid limit! I've never seen any stupid things like this before!

I don't think what you said is a good idea. As a professional user, I have been using the app for more than 10 years!! I use it every day!! everyday!! every day!!

Nobody wants to switch different accounts to search for their data in the same app. It's too foolish! It sounds like 'take off your pants and *****' or 'butter on bacon'.

The guy Who decided the unreasonable limit didn't consider user requirements! Never ever fool your users!

That the limit help forbid users from abusing the app is just a stupid excuse. The truth is that the company does nothing to satisfy the demand for users' growing data!

You can delete, merge, create other accounts, and join a team. How foolish your experts are to provide these stupid solutions! The only way to do is modifying the stupid limit number right now!

After paying money to the company previously,I have to delete some old notes to upload new notes very angrily.

Thanks to your smart limit.

Thanks to your smart solutions.

When your data is kidnapped by others, I will also teach you how to delete, merge, create other accounts and join a team!

image.png.3092cda70e8b0fbad8bab8e96688efe3.png

• Level 5*

On 10/9/2022 at 12:28 PM, 鸟叔来了 said:

You will never know how angry I was when knowing the stupid limit!

As far as I know,  you're the first person to find this limit a problem.  And while I sympathise with the frustration,  we're mostly other users here - you'll get more practical  help if you contact Evernote Support directly - and who knows: they may even agree that it's time to increase that note limit.  I doubt they've even been asked before...

EDIT:  Also,  I merged your other post here.  Please don't post twice on the same subject.

• Evernote Expert
On 10/9/2022 at 12:28 PM, 鸟叔来了 said:

You will never know how angry I was when knowing the stupid limit! I've never seen any stupid things like this before!

I don't think what you said is a good idea. As a professional user, I have been using the app for more than 10 years!! I use it every day!! everyday!! every day!!

Nobody wants to switch different accounts to search for their data in the same app. It's too foolish! It sounds like 'take off your pants and *****' or 'butter on bacon'.

Hope you feel better now. These limits have been part of Evernote forever. So they are what you signed up to.

When you have calmed down you can ask for support from Evernote rather than ranting at fellow users. 

But even if there is a positive response to your issue, it isn't going to happen today or even in the next month. So you're stuck with undertaking some curation.

• Level 5

Simple answer:

On the short run merge content - it is a note limit, not a storage size limit. If you have several notes on an old project: Make them one note, and you have some more to go.

Taking a longer view, you can export unused notebooks to another storage. To have full access, use HTML export. To import into a second archive account use ENEX.

Since there is no widespread problem, I don’t expect EN to do anything about the 100k limit. You have enough options to help yourself.

I have been using EN since their inception (or close to it) and I use it on a daily basis and several times a day.  I am under 10,000 notes.  I can't even imagine how somebody could get over 100,000.  I've always found the upper limit to be quite generous.  Of course, if I used the web clipper like crazy and generated thousands of notes here and there, then maybe that could do it.  Or if I tried to scan in an entire library or depository of information and did it note by note?  Or if I shared my account with other people?  Or if I tried to use EN as an online storage for photos, documents etc rather than Gdrive?  I realize that these are just random speculations but my point is that it is highly unlikely that "normal" use of EN could ever reach this limit.   Again, I could be wrong and this individual's usage may be entirely within "normal limits" for his particular situation but  99.99% of users would not reach it.  

P.S: So as not to appear unhelpful: I strongly recommend that you figure out ways to move stuff to Gdrive.  I have entire libraries of pdf's, photos, documents that I've moved out of EN and into Gdrive.  If you want to keep your notes more searchable then figure out which of your notes are archivable (ie: those that you will rarely if ever search for) and put them into a separate EN account.

-Try to figure out ways to combine certain non-essential notes.  For example,  I have thousands of faxes from Hellofax that come across as single notes into Evernote.  Every few months I use Adobe Acrobat to combine all of these into one note.  Essentially, I now have 10,000 faxes in one pdf in one note.  Every year or so I move that into Gdrive.  I give this purely as an example.

-If you have dozens or hundreds of pdf files that represent statements, billing, invoices etc consider using a program like Acrobat to combine them into larger files eg: monthly, annually etc.  For example, 12 pdf's from each vendor at the end of the  year are combined into 1 pdf.  This is then merged with the last 10 years of statements.  Therefore, I have one note with one pdf rather than 120 notes for each vendor.  If I do this for my approximately 60 vendors I have 7200 fewer notes from this alone. 

- If you are moving thousands of emails, calendar entries, faxes or statements into EN there are good third party services that can be used to move that data in a more effective format into EN eg: Hellofax, Filethis and others.  That data is usually in pdfs that can be aggregated, stored online etc.  

-whenever I have time to kill I do a reverse sort on my notes and delete those that no longer have relevance.  I find that keeping my EN as lean as possible gives me better search results and makes it more manageable.

Again, people should not come to this forum to vent their frustration.  We are an online community of users (NOT EN staff) who are here to help other users.  Some of us (and you know who you are) dedicate an enormous amount of their time and effort to selflessly help thousands of other users.  Perhaps the forum should have a disclaimer of this type emblazoned in a giant sticky at the very top.

• Like 3