ENEX files exported correctly but not imported correctly into OneNote

My Company has changed its external software use policies.

Some software previously allowed are no longer allowed.

My company no longer allows Evernote for use anymore, on the office network, system intervenes to not let Evernote to be run on our systems.

Consequently, I have to move my Evernote notes to "One note".

My notes are the most basic, just text files about work tasks completed, issued faced, etc.

The export of Notebooks from Evernote to ENEX seems to work fine. Spot check shows note content is exported.

My biggest exported notebook is 1 MB (yes MegaByte). Therefore storage/bandwidth/size is not an issue.

I use Stefan's tools Evernote2Onenote - Stefans Tools (stefankueng.com)  to import into OneNote

and I get two issues:

1. midway through importing the notes in the notebook using the above tool it starts failing the import with RPC server unavailable error

2. Even the early notes supposed imported that show up in One Note are just empty, only thing in One Note is the note itself and its title, content is blank

I am trying to find a proper article in this Evernote discussion forum that gives still working guidelines on how to import successfully from ENEX files into One Note.

Thanks

• Level 5*
9 minutes ago, bhnbhn said:

I am trying to find a proper article in this Evernote discussion forum that gives still working guidelines on how to import successfully from ENEX files into One Note.

Hi.  That's (obviously) not an Evernote technical issue - have you tried the OneNote forums,  or is there any support from Stefan?  It's highly unlikely but possible that Evernote may have changed the ENEX output format enough to confuse that app, but it's a certainty they won't be changing it back again.  And I doubt that anyone with a successful export from Evernote will still be reading the Forums...  but good luck with that.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Level 5*
46 minutes ago, EvernoteSucksForever said:

Despite the millions of users trying to make the switch.

Odd that MS haven't prioritised an importer then.  Mind you there's no shortage of people coming the other way too.

I have nothing to add.  I just wanted to chime in to say my company has blocked Evernote's web site so I can't even log in via the web on my work computer. It's a shame because I have work stuff going back a few years in Evernote.

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, srdjr said:

I have nothing to add.  I just wanted to chime in to say my company has blocked Evernote's web site so I can't even log in via the web on my work computer. It's a shame because I have work stuff going back a few years in Evernote.

Hmmn.  You could use a home computer to export your notes to HTML or PDF and save those files to an acceptable external cloud service (if there is one). But beware that your company might still object strongly to work information being kept outside the local server. If you access an external source from a work computer without permission it may attract unwelcome official attention.

If there are no acceptable external sources,  you may be able to refer to a personal phone or tablet in which case Evernote mobile might be appropriate...

But again - businesses tend to have a severe sense of humour failure about employees using unauthorised third party storage facilities.  Caution is strongly advised.