Can you make jumpable section headings?

Go to solution Solved by Mike P,

A common feature in document apps is the ability to create headings for certain sections of your document. All these headings are compiled into a list on the side and you can teleport to a specific section of the document by clicking on that heading.

Is there anything close to that functionality on Evernote?

So far I've been relying on Ctrl-F as a work-around to teleport myself to the place I'm searching for within my note.

WINWORD_sSxHCd6zqK.png

• Solution
2 hours ago, Oddball said:

So far I've been relying on Ctrl-F as a work-around to teleport myself to the place I'm searching for within my note.

I basically do the same. If you start your headings with some special sequence of characters (e.g $$ or an emoji symbol) you can then quickly cycle through the headings using a ctrl+F search for the character sequence.

I do agree with @agsteele. EN works best with shorter notes linked together with a ToC. This also  allows you to employ much more detailed tagging which again helps you find what you want.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

I would love this, too, and/or a way to collapse sections.  I understand one of Evernotes competitors has a fantastic feature that allows you to click an arrow next to a subheading, alternately hiding and revealing that section.  For complex notes, that would be a godsend.  I much prefer not to break some notes into separate notes collected in a notebook, and in some cases just CAN'T because I'm already as far in as the hierarchy allows.  But just having subheadings that collapse would let me hide content I don't need to see just now and simplify the view and navigation greatly.