offline notebooks - what a mess this is. again.

another phone upgrade, another mess with offline notebooks, the main reason i use evernote.

just got a samsung s22 and am using evernote 10.40 (1125939)

similar experience a couple of years ago on my last phone upgrade.

as reported by others, the downloading to offline notebooks gets stuck.  like, 1-3 days later, the status icons don't or barely move.

then i try to turn off selected notebooks, and it looks like the toggle worked, but when i come back in the notebook is still toggled on. 

then halfway through toggling off my offline notebooks, evernote seemed to crash.

come back in, and ones i had toggled off are still toggled on.

setting "do not download notebooks" to turn it all off in order to then just try one at a time, and i still have notebooks toggled off.

omg, 2 years later this same shocking stuff.  really?

here's a screen recording of some of this:  https://drive.google.com/file/d/13ad9KJsw6PPuOL0ORc5KqRiuuz_bZUHx/view?usp=sharing 

6 minutes ago, agsteele said:

What did support say when you reported this to them?

hi.. i have not reported it to them yet. my impression is they want you to go through the user forum first.

• Evernote Expert

If it's something that other users can help with then the Forums can be very useful. This sounds specific to you.

The very slow download of offline notebooks on mobile is a common experience which we have nothing to offer.

I'd open a ticket.

• Level 5

Don’t go „all notebooks“ initially. When I do, it looks as if it stalls the download by too many parallel activities.

Use a time when you don’t need the phone. Set autolockscreen off, open the app, start a download of 2-3 notebooks. Whenever one is finished, start the next.

Keep the app actively running in the foreground. Put the phone on a charger.

I kept it at my desk on a quiet day, working down my notebooks.

Once done you can go to „All notebooks“. It will keep the offline data up to date, but only then.

Not the best user experience, but I found it working at least this way.

After not using offline notebooks because of the infamous issues I tested offline download with 10.41 again... and could not see any improvement. Marked 3 notebooks with in total 30 notes in it. Loads one notebook, than gets stuck until you force close, restart the app and force sync in options. On a paid plan I would expect premium features to work flawlessly. I gave up on this. Things I have to rely on offline have already been transfered to Nimbus Note that downloads without any issues.