Task notifications - mobile

I've started to use tasks a lot more now - so far so good. 

But.. I get a task alert on my mobile. When I tap the notification and enter Evernote, I can't check the task as done. Only to edit the various elements of it. I have to select Done at the top, then navigate back to tasks to check it off.  Screen shot attached, and same in iOS and Android versions. 

Is this a bug, or something that the UX team could look into? 

Snapshot.jpg

So ..."completing" that recurring task should change that view to a greyed out task description and new date. Examples below. 

When you come out of this view you should then see the next event of this task ready to go.

Are you saying this doesn't happen?.....please just run through this process again and let us know.

Screenshot_20221006-063950.thumb.png.4b4f3916edc89d0dbf6c02e0a90380eb.pngScreenshot_20221006-064010.thumb.png.cf2f01896da3e6ed2c8082bf032e5036.png

• Level 5

We are discussing on 2 levels here:

- What is - explained

- What you think how it should be - it seems not like you would like it

EN „reuses“ the same task as recurring. It is the same task, living up again.

Many task managers do it differently: They create a fresh copy of the recurring task on the new date, logging the „Done“ for the existing one.

I rather prefer to have the recurring option now, even if it works without saving a history of itself. If you like a different logic, I think a support ticket would be the best way.

• 3 weeks later...

@Neil Maxfield sorry to come back to this, but did you have any views on the experience I showed in my video?  Is that what happens to you?  

Feels like a task notification should be able to be completed when you press/click through from it. Is this what happens to you? Sensing not from your first reply.   

6 hours ago, KMLref said:

@Neil Maxfield sorry to come back to this, but did you have any views on the experience I showed in my video?  Is that what happens to you?  

Feels like a task notification should be able to be completed when you press/click through from it. Is this what happens to you? Sensing not from your first reply.   

Hey man, sorry I didn't come back to you. No that isn't the experience I get dude....see my video by way of contrast.

Perhaps raise a ticket with support?

Thanks so much.

Had a dawning realisation earlier that I hadn't done the very basic IT thing!  Uninstall and re-install!! Problem solved!!  Obv a bug somewhere!  All seems to now do what your video shows. 

thanks again Neil!