Kanban and calendar view

brodrigue

Idea

It has been suggested before but the Task list is not very useful to me. It's a popout and I can only see a limited number of tasks in the task view. I would like a kanban view since I find I'm using other tools for this view and not using Tasks in Evernote. In addition, a calendar view with the tasks on the calendar would be very helpful. Similar to the tasks in gmail. I can move tasks around on my calendar. In turn, if i can see those tasks in my current google calendar as a calendar I subscribe to.. would be great. 

• Like 3

4 replies to this idea

• Evernote Expert

The new note preview feature makes it possible to create a Kanban style board inside a note.

Create a table with the number of coumns you require and insert note links in preview form in the appropriate columns. The note links can be dragged from column to column as desired.  I still marginally prefer the approach taken by the Kanbanote application which selects notes based on notebook and tags. But the preview approach demonstrated does give more information.

image.thumb.png.89fa71356510f763b0ab25e792d13e7c.png

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

OK, but it's not a feature of Evernote... and it's not solve the request. 

The great thing was if tasks are not in pop-up but a real part of Evernote. The interesting this was if Evernote can give us the possibility to sort this notes/tasks by day or by week like Kanban view style, in order to be able to move notes in calendar view from today to tomorrow per example, or be able to have a calendar view of how many tasks i have to manage this week and organize them visually. Probably with this type of view if i have 20 tasks this week but 10 are on tuesday i'm able to have a view of this matter and allow me to move them or organize them as i prefer... Evernote make big steps, but need to be more more focus on task management as Todoist is.. (but Todoist also have big problems that Evernote solve.

Thanks, and sorry for my english.. is not perfect.

• Level 5

The whole concept of EN Tasks is not to fully replace Task Managers.

The main use case is to make notes actionable.

Personally I see the value in a KANBAN style approach. It has been requested, and hopefully we will get it one day. But I wouldn’t pin a date on it.

• Like 3

I use Kanbanote (paid version). It has hiccups - right now it will not update if I have the note open in the Evernote desktop app.

BUT I REALLY LIKE IT. ( I also like Filterize - I pay that too).

Just buy the guy out already and make it work as an add-on.

I don't care if AI will clean up my notes, or if AI searches for me the searches I'm searching - we need a kanban system.

Then Evernote becomes a simple but very effective DIY CRM in addition to everything else it does