Evernote not saving on Android

I'm using Evernote on Android and for the past couple of days it hasn't been saving everything I've written. I'd write and hit save, open the note the next day and there's only half of what I've written! What might be causing this and how can I solve it?

• Level 5*

I'm still limited to v8.13 by my (old) Android OS - but: you have a 'save' button??

Usual suspects for incomplete note saves would be 

• intermittent network connection
  • insufficient time for device to complete sync

To check whether any recovery might be available - check out the account via sign-in with Evernote.com in a browser.

To correct any differences - uninstall Evernote / restart device / reinstall Evernote.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, gazumped said:

I'm still limited to v8.13 by my (old) Android OS - but: you have a 'save' button??

Usual suspects for incomplete note saves would be 

• intermittent network connection
  • insufficient time for device to complete sync

To check whether any recovery might be available - check out the account via sign-in with Evernote.com in a browser.

To correct any differences - uninstall Evernote / restart device / reinstall Evernote.

I'm sure I'm pressing "save" but I'm losing lots of my notes' content. I tried what you suggested, the recovered note was just a blank one and nothing changed after reinstalling the app. Anyways, thank you for the help.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, allosh said:

I'm sure I'm pressing "save" but I'm losing lots of my notes' content. I tried what you suggested, the recovered note was just a blank one and nothing changed after reinstalling the app. Anyways, thank you for the help.

It's not enough to press the "save" button (checkmark), you also have to wait for the arrow and press this as well. Then you have to wait for the note list before closing EN. All this may take up to 30 seconds are  sometimes even more (minutes in the worst case).

Please raise a ticket, this will increase the prio of these bugs

• Like 1
  • Level 5

How to read the GUI signals (my own interpretation):

Hitting the green swash = Leave edit mode, it does not even close the note.

Leave the note = Unlock the device (on mobile) to open another note. The edited note will carry a green triangle in the upper right corner. This indicates the note has unsynced (!) changes. It is NO indicator for an ongoing sync !!!

A short wait (or going on with another note) makes the green triangle usually go away after a short while. Then the note has synced to the server.

It can be rushed by pulling down the notes list with a finger (works often) or by forcing a sync through the settings option.

If the settings option leads to an infinite „Now Syncing“ window, the installation is likely broken. Then only a reinstall did solve the problem for me. But this was rare, it only happened lately on our old iPad Air 2 (build 2014).

• Like 1
5 hours ago, eric99 said:

It's not enough to press the "save" button (checkmark), you also have to wait for the arrow and press this as well. Then you have to wait for the note list before closing EN. All this may take up to 30 seconds are  sometimes even more (minutes in the worst case).

Please raise a ticket, this will increase the prio of these bugs

I see. This might be what's going wrong. I'll try. Thank you!