EN iphone continues to be buggy

I posted on this before but the problem persists.  I am looking at my EN inbox on my iphone and can see screenshots and other notes that should not be there because they have already been moved into other notebooks days ago.  So I run a sync and it clearly says "sync complete" but nothing changes in my inbox.  I literally have to close down the app on the iphone and then restart it to finally see an inbox that is identical to my other desktop devices.  This is tripping me up throughout the day when I'm mobile and relying on my EN on the iphone.  The thing that I find most confusing is that even with a "sync complete" I am still looking at data that is several days old.

• Level 5

If it occurs again, I would produce some screenshots and issue a support ticket.

Unless you need to sort things out urgently, try to maintain what you have - maybe support will have some questions.

They have in some of my tickets for example asked me to perform an action and provide a screen video of the process.

Edit: Don’t have this specific problem myself, but enough experience working with support to imagine how they will maybe proceed in such a case.

Edited by PinkElephant
Added own experience

Thanks. I was wondering if i was the only one or if this is happening to others. If it’s unique to my situation i will open a ticket. As usual, I appreciate your advice. 

18 hours ago, idoc said:

I posted on this before but the problem persists.  I am looking at my EN inbox on my iphone and can see screenshots and other notes that should not be there because they have already been moved into other notebooks days ago.  So I run a sync and it clearly says "sync complete" but nothing changes in my inbox.  I literally have to close down the app on the iphone and then restart it to finally see an inbox that is identical to my other desktop devices.  This is tripping me up throughout the day when I'm mobile and relying on my EN on the iphone.  The thing that I find most confusing is that even with a "sync complete" I am still looking at data that is several days old.

This confirms what I already suspected: both Android and iPhone suffer the same fundamental synchronization bugs (unhandled data races). I hope that the new synchronization infrastructure will be taken over by  the expert team that did it properly in the legacy software, otherwise it will be even a bigger disaster than today.

11 hours ago, idoc said:

Thanks. I was wondering if i was the only one or if this is happening to others. If it’s unique to my situation i will open a ticket. As usual, I appreciate your advice. 

Please open the ticket anyway. The more complaints the better, because EN still prioritizes fancy features above critical bugs in their cloud backbone.

• Level 5

Wich expert do you refer to ? The one who did the Windows sync ? The one who did it for Android ? The next working on the Mac ? Or the iOS guy ?

May be they are all geniuses individually, but together they nearly tanked the whole company with their „I do it my way“ approach. And now you say „Keep on singing“ … ?

If there is a race condition, it should show in the logs. And if it is difficult to solve, it may be the better decision to make a new design instead of putting a patch on a broken concept.

But anyhow, a ticket is the best next step.

5 hours ago, PinkElephant said:

Wich expert do you refer to ? The one who did the Windows sync ? The one who did it for Android ? The next working on the Mac ? Or the iOS guy ?

May be they are all geniuses individually, but together they nearly tanked the whole company with their „I do it my way“ approach. And now you say „Keep on singing“ … ?

If there is a race condition, it should show in the logs. And if it is difficult to solve, it may be the better decision to make a new design instead of putting a patch on a broken concept.

But anyhow, a ticket is the best next step.

I refer to concurrent programming experts, who can prevent data race problems by proper design instead of patching it afterwards, who know the fundamental synchronization concepts which are independent of a specific platform. The new architecture should be designed by these experts, and the legacy team(s) mastered these principles